TDF: Stage 21 - The end

kush

Well, it was over today actually.

Cavendish is a safe bet to take his 6th.

For the most part, I liked Le Tour. There were some stages that were just too mathematical, boring. It would have been really lackluster if it weren't for LAs return.

I became a fan of the Schleck brothers, real classy. My boys are riding around pretending they're Schlecks.

Can't help to think what could have been with the podium if Contadore hadn't dropped Klody. Although Andy Schleck would've been hard to beat by anyone other than Contadore.

PROFIL.gif

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can't wait till next year - should be exciting with Radio Shade and Cantador on his own team :)

THATmanMANNY

na na na na
na na na na
hey hey hey
goooodbye

LA is rumored to ride another ill bike designed by yet another artist. Damn, he is clutch.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
wtf am i going to watch now! The nice thing about the tour coverage is that it is on all day long.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
it is kind of depressing to end the tour, its the most excitement on TV for cyclists.
I hope Radio Shack can be the great american sponsor 7-Eleven/Motorola was...with Lance on board it has potential to attract some talented people. Its good to see Lance attract such attention in a sport dominated by europeans.
VIVA LE TOUR :D

kush

And there it is

PARIS -- Alberto Contador of Spain has won the Tour de France for a second time, and Lance Armstrong will join him on the podium after finishing third in his comeback to cycling's main event.

Mark Cavendish of Britain collected his sixth stage win of this year's Tour in a sprint after the 101.9-mile ride from Montereau-Fault-Yonne to the Champs-Elysees on Sunday.

Mr. Contador won the Tour in 2007.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
I watched every stage from the tour in the morning. I will miss it too, Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwen are hands down the best annoucing team in sports by far. Sorry to say I think Contrador is a punk, he is not a team player and I hope Lance kicks his ass next year. I read Lance will be riding in the Tour of Ireland later next month. I will not miss the stupid highly repeated commercials, I never liked a Cadillac and buying one is not like buying a dress. Go team Radio Shack!

RC ... :)

The Real Triumph for Lance...

Lance Armstrong will join him on the podium after finishing third in his comeback

Considering how utterly amazing Contador and Schleck are, Lance should feel ecstatic that he was able to podium with these guys.

But most of all I hope this finally shuts up his critics, especially those who STILL believe he's doping... This is an exclamation point to his already brilliant career (and admittedly I am not a big Lance fan)... But even I can't help but sit back in awe at what this guy has achieved. BRAVO!!!

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i find it amazing that after a 4 year layoff Lance was able to finish third...
he is going to a new team next year the commentators were remarking on how professional he and his team partner were even though they were competing against each other.
I did not get a chance to watch the final today due to the fact that it did not rain and I had to reseed my back yard...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I've been going through this for a pretty long time now: Post-Tour withdrawal.

Just have to bide my time until football season arrives.:popcorn:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
watch the end last night, the side shot during the sprint was awesome. I thought garmin was setting up nice and then hincapie just blew it apart. Withdrawl will start tonight when the tour isnt on when I am making dinner :(

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I'm with you RC ..... One thing I will NOT miss is that annoying Cadilac commercial. :popcorn: I love to watch the Tour, but I have had enough. Time to go out and ride!

BiknBen

I was surprised to hear some late remarks by Contador. He said something like he was glad the tour was over becuase of the constant stress within the team. He and LA were totally incompatible.

There was a lot of BS going on in that Astana team bus. I'm hoping that more will come to light now that everything is over and they will likely be on different teams soon. Popcorn is in the microwave. :popcorn:

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Contador is just upset because Lance gets way more coverage. He should be happy he was there; if he wasn't no one (outside of cycling) would know who Alberto Contador is.

I had to do some analysis last night. The last km was just under 52 seconds, thats 43 MPH. Holy crap!!! Try and go that fast on your next 6% DOWN hill and then picture doing that on flat (if not slightly uphill). Cavendish is amazing.

Did anyone see how Lemond is already complaining how fast Contador did one of the climbs. I think he needs to come out of retirment.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,4519626,00.html

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I like when they asked lance if contador has any weaknesses. He said he is strong and then said he thinks he has some weaknesses but he will keep them to himself. Setting up for a good 2010!

Top Bottom