TDF: Stage 18 - ITT

kush

News flash - Radio Shack will be the sponsor for Lance's new team.

PROFIL.gif

I pick the safe pick, Cancellara

for real, radio shack? That seems so random.

cancellera did a bunch of work in the mountains, hopefully he still has something left.

The battle for 2nd & 3rd in the GC is going to be big back in the mountains on Saturday. Armstrong,:getsome: Schlecks,:getsome: Wiggens,:getsome: Kloden:getsome: looks like its going to be a doubles match: Schlecks boys V. LA/Kloden.
Can Astana take 1,2,3 ????:scared:

for real, radio shack? That seems so random.

cancellera did a bunch of work in the mountains, hopefully he still has something left.

Meh. At first I thought being sponsered by USPS was pretty random. It's kinda like being sponsered by the IRS

It is exactly this kind of reaction that this is arguably a good marketing move for RS

Radio Shack has underperformed, and has been hit by PR nightmares like their CEO lying on his resume.

They had so many stores that some were right across the street from another. In recent couple of years, they'd tried to reorganize, and have been somewhat succeeding.

This is a company that has $5 billion in revenues and has 5000 stores, and 34,000 employees.

It has an image problem, and is trying to fix that. With LA and JB, that is a great start. They still have a serious problem with positioning though.

I wonder if the jerseys will be red :hmmm:

i agree kush, marketing GENIUS. at this point, they don't need to spend a cent on media for at least the next year. the armstrong PR train will pull them right along.

News flash - Radio Shack will be the sponsor for Lance's new team.

Actually I know for a fact that Halters was lookin to step up its advertising campaign by sponsoring Lance's team. But when Lance saw this all talks ended.:cry:
Halters.jpg
:rolleyes:

And this -

Pretty smart actually from both sides. This is not just 'dumb money' like Kazakhstan was.

RadioShack also plans to activate their 35,000 employees and almost 6,000 stores across the country to raise awareness and funding for the fight against cancer through the Lance Armstrong Foundation and LIVESTRONG. "We know that cancer research and survivorship is near to the hearts of many of our associates and customers, and together with Lance and his Foundation, we have the power to make a meaningful difference," said Julian Day, RadioShack's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

http://ir.radioshackcorporation.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=398636

those folks that LA has working for him are just masters of PR. it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see radioshack completely rebrand itself and take a more "livestrong" feel...ditching the red entirely and getting a new logo.

Back
Top Bottom