Tax returns

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I was eyeing your new bike up at Halters yesterday while I was picking up my new Niner.
You going to ride that new bike in this slop outside? I need to wait till it all freezes up out there till i take mine out...

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
I think I was eyeing your new bike up at Halters yesterday while I was picking up my new Niner.
You going to ride that new bike in this slop outside? I need to wait till it all freezes up out there till i take mine out...

hahaah no slop riding. im just going to sit on it in my bedroom and play guitar hero.:D

Ian F

I'm still waiting for a W2 for some 1099 work I did... I'll be lucky if I get enough back to cover my local income tax bill.

supermike

Ian, if it was less than (I think) $600, you may not be issued a 1099. That doesn't mean you don't have to report the income, but the employer doesn't have to cut one if they paid you lesser amounts. If you want it for the purpose of your records, usually they'll give you one if you call them and request it.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Don't wanna' do mine :cry: 'Had a bunch of savings bonds fully mature late in the year and I fear I'll be writing a big 'ol check to Uncle Sammy.

Ian F

Ian, if it was less than (I think) $600, you may not be issued a 1099. That doesn't mean you don't have to report the income, but the employer doesn't have to cut one if they paid you lesser amounts. If you want it for the purpose of your records, usually they'll give you one if you call them and request it.

No, it was more than $600... and the "employer" is my g/f's engineering side business, so I know the W2 is coming... she sent it a week ago... not sure what happened to it... :confused: ...then again, I know how much money it is so I can start without it.

edit: did a preliminary run through my taxes last night... yep... between the 1099 work and HSA distributions, I owe... Fed and PA state... <sigh...>

Last edited:
Top Bottom