Tatum Not My Cup of tea

moray42

Merman
Could just be a bad seal. Sometimes when the case isn't closed tightly the inside of the case lense can fog. In that case the potato isn't necessarily dirty.
image.jpg
image.jpg

MMuller

Hope all this ribbing doesn't dissuade the OP from posting again. It was the spark that started pages and pages of forum member creativity and talent, and provided more entertainment than anything on the 2,000 channels of TV we have.
I'm a regular at Allaire and can't say we've ever met. I think I might have just missed him last ride though, as there were skid marks at EVERY turn in the park. Hoping for some Cheesequake next maybe?

Johnny Utah

Hope all this ribbing doesn't dissuade the OP from posting again. It was the spark that started pages and pages of forum member creativity and talent, and provided more entertainment than anything on the 2,000 channels of TV we have.
I'm a regular at Allaire and can't say we've ever met. I think I might have just missed him last ride though, as there were skid marks at EVERY turn in the park. Hoping for some Cheesequake next maybe?

I think some of the OP's other posts (and deleted posts) have begun to bring some noteriaty (of rediculousness/WTF). The post in question was just the tea bag that made the kettle overflow. My $0.02

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Ok, I'm just going to come out and say it. I understand what Pat is trying to do here. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure HOW I feel about it.

On the one hand, I regularly seek out video reviews of products/innovative ideas, etc. On the other hand, I'm not sure if the forum is the right place for it...

Perhaps, if it was it's own thread and/or with an obvious title, I'd be a little less apprehensive about it. I say this because I do not get the same feelings when @MannyL358 posts for VTR. It not just the production quality, it's that he's showing you exactly what he said he would. That came out a little strong, sorry.

I don't know if I'm expressing myself correctly, the written word is not my strong suit. @Norm if you think this post is going to cause a problem, please delete it. I have no wish to stir the pot.

Dan-

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know if I'm expressing myself correctly, the written word is not my strong suit. @Norm if you think this post is going to cause a problem, please delete it. I have no wish to stir the pot.

Not at all. It's perfectly fine.

Pat the OP is trying to get people to view his videos and such. So he comes on the board and throws them on here, pretty much using the forum as a medium to...I don't know, sell anything? Honestly I have no idea if the OP is in the industry trying to sell anything. I've never looked. So in those terms the approach is not working.

In general we have a policy that you should ask before you promote yourself or sell something. It's a loose policy, and like many of those loose policies around here it comes under the auspices of the following hard and fast rules:

1. If you are a dick, go away
  2. If we feel like it, we'll let you post what you want to sell
  3. Even if #2 applies, #1 trumps #2.
  4. If you are a regular poster who contributes to the site as a whole, nobody is going to even think of this conversation. So add content that does not center on self/business promotion and then you'll just be 1 of the regulars
  5. Norm randomly makes whatever-the-F rules up he wants

I think we're in the realm of #2 and #5 here. OP Pat (OPP, yeah you know me) is not being a dick. In fact, this thread is exactly the sort of make-or-break thing that will turn OPP into a regular, or an unhappy guy who never really works out. If he rolls with it, maybe posts a video making fun of himself going forward, etc etc, then OPP will probably work out. If #2 is the hedge bet, who knows.

Maybe I'll cover this more in next week's version of ANT.

RobW

Wow you folks are a blast. I never had so much entertainment getting ripped on.
This sorts out how he's feeling no? Some have gone OTT to the OPP. However it's all good fun and one thing rolls into the next. ANT will live and I think it will be very fun... Now ASSoAD would be excessive but fun as well...

MMuller

I think it boils down to simply being a newb, both as a rider and a forumite. Guessing if I read my posts from 10 years ago about "so cool blasting through mud!" and "What's up with the jerk in my way? I was clearly bombing downhill as he was pedaling up!" I'd cringe. Heck, I still post stupid stuff, cringe and end up deleting. No worries and bet the guy is just as nice as any of you or me. All in fun.

SpartaBard

I think it boils down to simply being a newb, both as a rider and a forumite. Guessing if I read my posts from 10 years ago about "so cool blasting through mud!" and "What's up with the jerk in my way? I was clearly bombing downhill as he was pedaling up!" I'd cringe. Heck, I still post stupid stuff, cringe and end up deleting. No worries and bet the guy is just as nice as any of you or me. All in fun.

TBT! Did you ever make it to Cheesequake? Is it any good?
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/cheesequake-legal.5292/

Top Bottom