Tape guide

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Seeing if anyone has a solution for this.

Got a a stand-up measuring tape for track and field. Tape has metric on one side and imperial on the other. The guide at the bottom is way oversized, and the tape constantly flips over from the desired unit of measure.

Where would I find an adjustable roller guide that small? Or other solutions? I could break down another tape reel and swipe it from there?

DC8C0344-3895-4FB8-B386-7D6A0A862CFB.jpeg
295F8B50-444C-47EC-8D55-9BE1FD2D194C.jpeg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Stupid idea, if use take a spool, (the thing thread comes on) you could pass a zip around the main arm, through the spool, around the outside arm, back through the spool and secure at the outside arm. With the tape sandwiched of course. That would do it.

if you use two spools you could adjust it… 😃

Karate Monkey

Stupid idea, if use take a spool, (the thing thread comes on) you could pass a zip around the main arm, through the spool, around the outside arm, back through the spool and secure at the outside arm. With the tape sandwiched of course. That would do it.

if you use two spools you could adjust it… 😃

Metal bobbins come in a variety of sizes. Methinks that since the rubber foot is encapsulating the guide, it's removable. Just slide one on the guide and screw it back in.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Seeing if anyone has a solution for this.

Got a a stand-up measuring tape for track and field. Tape has metric on one side and imperial on the other. The guide at the bottom is way oversized, and the tape constantly flips over from the desired unit of measure.

Where would I find an adjustable roller guide that small? Or other solutions? I could break down another tape reel and swipe it from there?

View attachment 182789
View attachment 182790

i know someone with a 3-d printer who could easily fabricate something functional, you have my number if you wanna get in touch

Top Bottom