Tap Water or Bottled Water?

What type of water do you drink while riding?

• Tap Water

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Bottled Water

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other?

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
I always fill up a bottle before leaving work...Newark tap water tastes 10 times better than New Brunswick water after the brita....And I can almost see the brunswick treatment plant from my apartment! New Brunswick's water is notoriously suck because the pipes are 100+ years old and leeching lead into the water yummmm

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...525,-74.439765&spn=0.002795,0.004823&t=h&z=18

(Despite being on reservoir ave, its groundwater)

And yes you definitely get water quality reports every year in the mail...it says the standards, compares them to what they actually measured and lists any violations that the plant had recently...

Don't freak out about violations though, the plant I get the water from had 3 because some dolt filed the monthly report late...3 times

When I boil the water in my house, it leaves some kind of white residue on the pot.

Limescaling most likely...water is probably very hard in your house, as in doesn't make good bubbles...Hardness is a secondary water standard, there is no requirement for it just a "your consumers might not like this" standard.

Its just dissolved calcium carbonate in your water that leaves the solution when the temperature of the water increases...its basically chalk/antacid

I like the hard water for showers. Soft water is so annoying cause the soap never comes off.

I grew up with our own well, and drank the well water straight. It was delicious. Then I drank straight philly tap water, then straight NYC tap water, then Stanhope tap, and I've been drinking Alaska private well tap water since I got up here. Of the three different places I've lived here, only one had well water that needed to be filtered, due to the presence of methane.

So, yeah, tap water, but not chemically treated municipal tap water.

Back
Top Bottom