Tank Trail (the Alligator?)

Tionegear

Anyone have the link to the post or the article about the history of the tank (alligator)? I remember reading it a while back and I can't remember where.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
From what I’ve researched before it is a WW2 era LVT (landing vehicle tracked), nicknamed the Buffalo. Here is an article of one that was recovered in England:
I don't believe it. LVTs were not painted yellow. I bet it was a construction piece from when the park was first developed.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I’ve posted it a few times. See my Strava ride of 10/13/21 as I write a little about it.
D8E49BF0-BBE3-42A7-8194-B8FAE3AAD518.png

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I don't believe it. LVTs were not painted yellow. I bet it was a construction piece from when the park was first developed.
Trust me, it’s not. For whatever reason was painted yellow. Probably bought as a military surplus and used around the estate. Next time you ride by it look at the intact side and will be easy to make it out.

Mtbdog

Please show me where you got this information from. There is no way this is an amphibious vehicle. Those things are 3x as big as that one at Ringwood. I’ve seen an LVT up close at a museum in Virginia.
If it's not an LVT, then what do you think it is?

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Sunday group ride at Ringwood?
I think that is an excellent idea @Patrick. Shepherds Lake is a few hundred feet away from the Alligator. @a.s. this has been discussed on a few occasions here. It’s definitely an LVT, just not sure which variation as there a few. Someone can bring a tape measure to get the exact length. Even the ramp on it is still intact. @johnbryanpeters , I’m not sure on the length as I think different variations had different lengths, but definitely an LVT.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Please show me where you got this information from. There is no way this is an amphibious vehicle. Those things are 3x as big as that one at Ringwood. I’ve seen an LVT up close at a museum in Virginia.
@a.s. just Google LVT or Amphibious Landing Vehicle. My pick above is from Wikipedia.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I’m sorry if I don’t believe a bunch of mountain biker bro-hams. Don't get me wrong- I like you guys but unless one of yooz is an actual WWII historian, I’m standing by my assertion that this not a 1940s military machine.

Someone prove me wrong.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions