tandem rental?

Fire Lord Jim

Answers to first part is a guess: Tandems East in South Jersey.
Answer to the second part is back of pickup truck, front wheel off, tailgate down. I have seen Tandems on rear racks, sans wheels, held by the toptube.

serviceguy

Answers to first part is a guess: Tandems East in South Jersey.
Answer to the second part is back of pickup truck, front wheel off, tailgate down. I have seen Tandems on rear racks, sans wheels, held by the toptube.
Sounds complicated, another of my great but stupid ideas I guess...thanks for the info though.

Karate Monkey

Special roof racks for tandems (extra long trays). Sairis makes an extra long cross bar for the Freedom/Superclamp that accommodates tandems. Your vehicle will become pretty much the legal limit as far as width is concerned.

Ain't nobody gonna rent you a tandem right now, though...

serviceguy

Special roof racks for tandems (extra long trays). Sairis makes an extra long cross bar for the Freedom/Superclamp that accommodates tandems. Your vehicle will become pretty much the legal limit as far as width is concerned.

Ain't nobody gonna rent you a tandem right now, though...
Yes, another reason for my great idea to be stupid!

Fire Lord Jim

I rented a tandem at a bike shop on Sanibel Island. We rode it all day. I had to tune most everything just to make it ride.
Later I owned (but mostly stored, that's what you do with a tandem) one for a few years.
I miss it; the Mrs was a good stoker--anticipating and coordinating--but she didn't like moving above 12 mph.

Top Bottom