Taming the Sourlands aka Conquering your Nemesis

Dingo

I also finally figured out this damn section. I started far to the right on that skinny section of trail, then cut across left and had enough speed/traction to throw the bike up the big rock face to make it through. Now I’m like 1/20 on this section?View attachment 99029
Taking notes.. I always fuk this up, going straight up the middle, I loose speed about the spot where you turn in.

Seen plenty of times where, they go up the middle and complete the section.

Always next time I say, and we move on to the climb up.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Let's get those pics and stories of the different black diamond sections going over here -
Maybe some of the alternate lines.

I'm going to move the first couple from the conditions thread.....if they don't have names, we'll
take care of that.

What have you cleaned today?
What is on the Never list?

As an aside, SMP is about 6.5 miles in a straight line from 6MR....what a difference!

a bag of fails....

Did I miss that the video didn’t actually show you doing anything?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Ok, I figured it was consistent with Pats style of posting random brain synapses that don’t formulate a complete thought.

updated. some serious, hit 1 rock and stop action until the end.

Patrick

Staff member
You could cut out 6 min of that video. I gotta get there. What’s the preferred loop, I forget the trains, sorta.

my strava from today.

hit the new blue blazed trail (chunky monkey)- lots of rocks and armoring, or the red trail up top.

and yes. i could do-more-better on the edit. i have a film cutter in the basement,
for 8 and super 8....

rick81721

Lothar
Let's get those pics and stories of the different black diamond sections going over here -
Maybe some of the alternate lines.

I'm going to move the first couple from the conditions thread.....if they don't have names, we'll
take care of that.

What have you cleaned today?
What is on the Never list?

As an aside, SMP is about 6.5 miles in a straight line from 6MR....what a difference!

a bag of fails....start about 50 seconds in.

Main problem is that dingy bell! Never tried the skinny entrance to the right per @phillychris498 's diagram

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is the one park I never seem to make it to. Still never been and would like a proper tour one day

Patrick

Staff member
great - i made it in to the same spot as always - thought i had it too.
Also failed getting across the troll bridge - back tire stuck on root. getting closer.

Patrick

Staff member
Made the troll bridge today - looked past the roots where i wanted to go, and there i was!

Then i was so excited i messed up that next rock along the sidewalk where ya gotta go over it,
even tho the line looks like it goes around it.

Took @shrpshtr325 down the Right side after devil's half acre. We ran into a hiker that informed us there are easier trails to ride.
I'm fairly sure my arm was already bleeding at that point.

Patrick

Staff member
@jklett attempting The Nemesis..... @Kangdoy gets a little farther in.
I managed to stop recording - so my attempt isn't there.....

Made it over the troll bridge again, made the turn to the sidewalk,
and just lost momentum..no idea why. totally had it this time.
Also made the water crossing on the old trail twice. (do you even enduro bro segment)

Patrick

Staff member
BTW - i've had success getting to the right side of the trail but then not using the gap
it is a straight climb along the red line

1589989753449.png

The gap between the first two steps is about a bike length long.
so it is easy to get hung up if weight doesn't stayed centered.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions