Tamarack Hollow

spadela86

What's the deal with this place? Are bikes permitted?
Went to check out the terrain and parts of it seemed groomed for...something. Feels like it would be a great place for a fat bike in the winter. But I've never seen anyone other than hikers.

02camaro

i live in milltown so i rode alot there when the parks were closed, its small and boring but its better than nothing. you can link it up along the high tension power lines to ireland brook and davidsons mill park. both again are boring but good for some miles when combined. i would not travel to the area to ride these trails.

there are also some trails at farrington lake that you can link up with minimal road riding.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
WTF!!!! I live like 500 yards away from here as the crow fly’s for more than 20 years and have never heard the place...... I have found my fair share of questionable trails on the other side of church lane....😉

02camaro

if you get lucky at tamarack hollow you can watch from the main trail just a short way in from the lot one of the home owners on his homemade MX track that he built in his backyard.

ireland brook has a small gravesite dating back to 1839 which is cool.

Davidson mill park has alot of plants and flowers

1595954918004.png

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
The other side of the stream has more Hiking trails....,. You can make it from Riva to the Twpk on them with a few street crossings.

scotth

Other side of 18. I’m six miles from the trails at Jamesburg Park, which is actually in spotswood/helmetta, I’ve been riding from home. You can cross Cranbury rd and hit the trails you mentioned and go all the way to Farrington, can actually get some good mileage

grampaaah2

Other side of 18. I’m six miles from the trails at Jamesburg Park, which is actually in spotswood/helmetta, I’ve been riding from home. You can cross Cranbury rd and hit the trails you mentioned and go all the way to Farrington, can actually get some good mileage
Just started riding the Jamesburg trails, that place is not bad. Could use a couple of jumps or some other features though

spadela86

Sweet, thanks for confirming. I've actually ridden there a few times on a gravel bike (Kona Rove) but was looking for some confirmation before admitting it... :D

The terrain would definitely be boring on a trail bike but is really fun on gravel (though I have fallen once or twice due to loose sand on some of the turns..).

For those in the area, here's an example of a ride I like to do that hits Farrington Lake, Tamarack, Ireland Brook, and Davidson Mill.

Also, it looked like dirt bike trails in Ireland Brook? Can anyone confirm?

Morning Ride | Ride | Strava 2020-07-28 18-38-28.png

02camaro

Sweet, thanks for confirming. I've actually ridden there a few times on a gravel bike (Kona Rove) but was looking for some confirmation before admitting it... :D

The terrain would definitely be boring on a trail bike but is really fun on gravel (though I have fallen once or twice due to loose sand on some of the turns..).

For those in the area, here's an example of a ride I like to do that hits Farrington Lake, Tamarack, Ireland Brook, and Davidson Mill.

Also, it looked like dirt bike trails in Ireland Brook? Can anyone confirm?

View attachment 135605
the locals have dirt bikes and ride snow mobiles back there in the winter, its not allowed but it happens. there are also other trails on the other side of farrington.

Top Bottom