Tales of Karma

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i read a lot of people speaking of the word "karma" in here. i myself am a FIRM believer in it. share your stories of karma(good or bad) in here, if you have any. ill start.

when i was in highschool i went to a show called "Sing" one evening. sing is a talent show that the four different grades compete against each other in. the girl i was seeing at the time was performing so i went. at intermission her and i and a bunch of other people were out in the courtyard of the school. out of nowhere i feel someone kick me in the ass. thinking it was just one of my friends i turned around with a smile and looked to see a kid i just knew from walking through the halls. next thing i know i get a flashlight shined in my face and i get jumped by 8 kids(so i was told). i managed to get a lucky swing out and hit one of the kids and they scattered. fast forward 10 minutes and im sitting in the deans office with the side of my face so swollen that you couldnt see my ear if you looked at me straight on. and my ear that i had two earrings in became one large hole where the earrings got ripped out. i knew who the kids were but i never ended up pressing charges because i didnt want to go through the trouble. just kind of said "itll bite em in the ass in the end". it turned out this stupid crew of graffiti kids had this "tradition" of sorts where they would go out and pick a random person and jump them.

a few years went by and i was done and out of highschool. i never seen a single one of those kids again. than i get the news that one of them had died of a drug overdose. turns out it was the kid that i believe i managed to hit when they scattered. pretty ironic that it happened being as i am straight edge(drug and alcohol free). what it comes down to is.... it ALL comes crashing back down on you in the end. if you are going to be a piece of crap, its going to "Bite you in the ass" one day.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
ugh, ripped out earings sounds terrible. pressed charges = instant karma.

this one time i spit on an ant hill, then i tripped.

dhsean

Not so much Karma as you just have this feeling like "man, things have been going really well for while now" and your just waiting for the anvil to fall to take you back a notch.

I'm just about to make an offer on a house next week and "boom" I total my car going to Chimney Rock yesterday. Life is one hell of a bumpy ride but it makes you stronger and appreciate the high points more.

What goes around always comes around eventually. :hmmm:

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
Not so much Karma as you just have this feeling like "man, things have been going really well for while now" and your just waiting for the anvil to fall to take you back a notch.

I'm just about to make an offer on a house next week and "boom" I total my car going to Chimney Rock yesterday. Life is one hell of a bumpy ride but it makes you stronger and appreciate the high points more.

What goes around always comes around eventually. :hmmm:

i live my life by it
necktatdone.jpg

dhsean

Dam! I guess your committed to that saying with the tattoo. I'm silly, I'm the only one in my family without any tattoos. Being a graphic designer it is hard to commit on a style. I am always refining and changing things. I have been thinking about going full in with a complete sleeve that has a theme from the beach to the mountains with all the sports I have done over my life.

Any references you can PM my way of different style tattoo artists?

S

Shaloe5847

“How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
well, doesn't karma involve you interaction to anything and everything. While most of your interactions deal with another being, there are plenty that do not. Does karma involve how you treat the environment and such? While I am playing devils advocate a bit, I am also curious on the issue.

Say if you drive to work everyday and emmit harmful gases into the air as opposed to riding to work. The damage to the environment eventually effects everyone but does the damage you persoanlly have done to the environment itself give you bad karma?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I don't necessarily believe in the idea of any nebulous karma or anything like that. I do think you reap what you sow, for the most part. But I put that in the human nature category. If you're good to people, people are good to you. I think good things also happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. I don't think the system is closed and fair or anything like that.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh and you get bad karma for not watching my 2 minute videos on your own time :p

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Well I don't necessarily believe in the idea of any nebulous karma or anything like that. I do think you reap what you sow, for the most part. But I put that in the human nature category. If you're good to people, people are good to you. I think good things also happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. I don't think the system is closed and fair or anything like that.

I guess it bites you in the ass when you die and are reborn as a frog. I had some friends that were really into Krishna stuff in highschool (via the hardcore scene, spawn of shelter, 108, prema) and used to go to the farm that purcell and those guys went to near state college. Anyways, if I remember correctly, the cow is the highest living being level and I think the dolphin was high up there too.

Top Bottom