Taconic 909 Challenge this Sunday August 31

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
got a taste of this place this year from a local and came away with 12 stitches!!! awesome riding!!

Pokgirl

Spork
It was an awesome course, fabulous conditions! Nice climbs to blow up on, fast downhills, good technical, tight twisty flowy trails at the end of the loop, nice long loops. Little bit of everything.

Wish more NJ people would have come up for it... and I wish the sports women field would have been bigger!

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
It was an awesome course, fabulous conditions! Nice climbs to blow up on, fast downhills, good technical, tight twisty flowy trails at the end of the loop, nice long loops. Little bit of everything.

Wish more NJ people would have come up for it... and I wish the sports women field would have been bigger!

Wow, now this was a race that shoud not have been missed. Most race promotors are not accurate when it comes to the miles per lap. I had asked Tim Schopen (the promotor) he had said, It's 9 miles per lap! I was like, yea ok sure. After my first lap my puter said 9.4, Sport riders did 2 laps and Experts did 3 laps. As Pokgirl said it was an awesome course. A slight uphill start than into some double track with big gut busting climbs. I stayed with Heidi for the first few climbs and she was riding very strong. I finished the race which was my goal since breaking my collarbone 2 1/2 months ago. Tommy was in 5th before crashing hard and finishing in 12th. Next NY State series race is in Woodstock, NY. This is another one that should not be missed

RC

reba17

Hey there Pokgirl and RC. Great to see you both there!

It was looking grim after my big crash entering the first single track.... note to self.... pre-ride the start:rolleyes: I managed to finish out strong but it was not easy. Knee is still swollen. :mad:

They did a fantastic job on the course. 909 is a blast to ride and if you missed it, you should come out and race the Darkness at 909. Halloween night race I think it's November 1 this year?

See you Sunday at Ringwood
Reba

Pokgirl

Spork
Reba - you recovered well from your crash! Hope to meet up with you at one of these famous booze cruises soon!

Heidi

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Hey there Pokgirl and RC. Great to see you both there!

It was looking grim after my big crash entering the first single track.... note to self.... pre-ride the start:rolleyes: I managed to finish out strong but it was not easy. Knee is still swollen. :mad:

They did a fantastic job on the course. 909 is a blast to ride and if you missed it, you should come out and race the Darkness at 909. Halloween night race I think it's November 1 this year?

See you Sunday at Ringwood
Reba

Awe Hey Reba! For those who didn't see her crash at the first turn (like Heidi and I did) I let out a huge GASP! Sorry to hear about your knee, I hope you are ok for Sunday's race. I can't believe after your crash not only did you catch me, but once you did within a few turns you were gone. Good ride. I have learned that I have Anemia and it was a huge struggle just to finish. Awesome ride to you and Heidi!

RC ... :)

reba17

Hope to meet up with you at one of these famous booze cruises soon!

Heidi

Let me know if you are planning on coming out for that. It's a ton of fun. VERY social.

RC- Anemia? I'm glad you finished as well and safely! I too am hoping the knee will be better for Sunday. See y'all there!

Pokgirl

Spork
Racer Chick -

There is a really cool photo of you going over the creek on Fats in the Cats

Attachments

• racer_chick.jpg
    racer_chick.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom