Swim Meet @ Six Mile This Saturday!

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
jdog

looks f'n sweet cant wait to ride it...if i start at the lot on RT.27 that is all the way in the back by that real fast dangerous road is that cannal rd.?. anyway looks awsome

walter

Fourth Party
looks f'n sweet cant wait to ride it...if i start at the lot on RT.27 that is all the way in the back by that real fast dangerous road is that cannal rd.?. anyway looks awsome

Dude, that dangerous fast rd is South Middlebush, you need to cross that to continue onto the trail until you come to Canal rd

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

That spot is as far from 27 as you can get.

It is close to the old Rangers Station on Canal rd and Blackwells mills rd.

Dry thoughts..

j

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Dude, that dangerous fast rd is South Middlebush, you need to cross that to continue onto the trail until you come to Canal rd

i see it...jdogs map that he posted helps better then the others...nexst time i go im just gonna stay right at the fork and cross the raging river that i fell in once that sucked but it was warm out so soggy socks werent that bad

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
up the hill and then the fork go right across the stream/creek...last time i went i stayed straight and it sucked...

why did staying straight (red trail) suck?, you can probably get there faster this way and save the wet feet (if it is still cold and you don't have winter shoes). The red trail is fun and adds some technical stuff to the area. The new trail has some features that are better ridden start from the canal road side, ride the red, new trail and save the water crossing on the way back...

BiknBen

I think you guys are getting confused between South Middlebush Rd. and Blackwells Mills Rd.

When approaching South Middlebush Rd (arrow 1) from the left, there is a fork just before the road. Stay right to go down through the creek. Stay left and go out to road and over the bridge. Caution may be required when going out to the road. It is not busy but traffic tends to be fast and the view is obscured.

The really busy road is South Middlebush (arrow 2). I don't know of any forks or alternates near this road crossing.

6-mile.jpg

TommyCrash

i love accidentally swimming in that creek...in the winter....25 degrees outside...no towel...no dry clothes...did i mention we were supposed to finish riding that day? couldn't fall in when it is 95 outside....stupid Tom

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
next time i go im parkin on cannal road...how to get there from rt27 not sure posat some directions comming down 27 from New Brunswick...thanks... ive been on that side just 2 times one time sucked cause could find my way the other was cool even thought i took a dive

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i started at the lot on cannal rd... it was a good ride on my new velociraptors...but i stopped at the forst arrow in the pic and went back and started taking dif trails just riding and seeing whats back there...didnt want to swim

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
New trails

Rode for a short time tonight after work today. Started from the canal side and hit the new trails. Very nice. It's great how the new trail kind of flows right to the trail we put in last Nov.

I think there are more log jumps on the new trail than in the whole rest of the park! Also tried the some of the many skinnies for the first time (after falling of numerous times I decided to quit while I could still ride out):D. Made me realize what a pathetic noob I am.:eek: (Anyone want to hold a bunny hop + skinny clinic for old men?)

I just have to say that I think J + J have done an awsome job getting the approvals and mobilizing the troops to put in these new trails. It was great to ride for about 2 miles on trails that I helped put in (however slightly), and weren't there a few months ago. Great job guys.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I know where I'll be after work all spring and summer this year.

Tim

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The new section has some nice flow and it makes much better use of the land. GPS has had a big impact on the way that we lay that stufff out.

There is more to come for sure. Ever in that area there is still much to do. I am itchin to get a BOB trailer for 29 so I can do some mini trail days and get some stuff done for spring.

As for you skill set.. One of the coolest things about mt biking is that you can always learn something new.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Log rides?

are you refering to the new boardwalk?

No, the fallen trees that have ramps up to them so that you can ride along the tree, there two or three on the new section of trail. Maybe I'm using the wrong term. If I was falling off the boardwalk, then I would probably give up for good.:D

Tim

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions