Sweat in my eyes

ekuhn

So I sweat like an unfaithful woman in church and I'm looking for some advice on keeping the sweat out of my eyes. My helmet only soaks up so much then it runs down my face. Anyone have any recommendations that work?

Pagliacci

Cut a sleeve off an old shirt and put it over your head, donezo.

Shirt sleeve-to-headband conversion kit is compatible with the following cranial models:
images_400x400.jpeg

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I have the same challenge and find that off-the-shelf sweatbands are too tight for Big Head Todds like me. And Halo caps and bandanas had the same issue...not big enough. By sheer chance I found a solution at an MS walk I attended in the spring at South Mountain. They were handing out these cooling bandanas that were open-ended so you tie them behind your head. Their absorption quality is amazing....3-4 hours of sweating and, while they were loaded with perspiration, they never dripped. You can wring them out and put them back on if you like. As a bonus, they can also be moistened before with cold water and they'd keep your forehead cool.

This isn't the exact one I have, but it's close...

http://www.koolabanda.com/how-it-works

Mountain Bike Mike

For those wearing caps or bananas - do they hold heat in or do they breathe well... I've tolerated the sweat in the eyes over wearing something on my head of fear that the cap won't breathe and cause me to over heat in the summer months.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I find if I use enough gel it holds the sweat back like the hoover damn. For up to a 1.5 hour ride in 95F its fine, but anything over you need to add a vent hole less you risk the levy breaking. Aim the vent hole backwards.

wonderturtle

For those wearing caps or bananas - do they hold heat in or do they breathe well... I've tolerated the sweat in the eyes over wearing something on my head of fear that the cap won't breathe and cause me to over heat in the summer months.

I sometimes fold the bandanna like a handband so it doesnt go over the dome. but, honestly, once you start sweating the bandana will get saturated with sweat (which helps cool the dome). so, no, no issue with overheating wearing a bandana. I assume the same would apply to a thin cap.

rick81721

Lothar

The Halo that I linked is white and the skull cap part is perforated so it breathes. And like I said, I wet it first so it helps cool my noggin

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
You can get lightweight caps but I think a cap is overkill to be used for sweat retention.

Besides, the bad sweat days are almost behind us.

Karate Monkey

I use a wool buff. It fits my girlfriend who has a big noggin (large helmet) just fine. It's pretty customizable to size, since it's essentially a tube scarf.

Top Bottom