Sussex Bike

SpartaBard

I just noticed this little piece of information on their website:

Coming Soon - 2nd Shop
Andover location
231 Newton-Sparta Rd.
Andover, NJ 07821

I was just there on Saturday, I can't believe Jason didn't mention this to me.
Jason Z and Cody are great guys. I highly recommend this shop for the NW Jersey folks.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I just noticed this little piece of information on their website:

Coming Soon - 2nd Shop
Andover location
231 Newton-Sparta Rd.
Andover, NJ 07821

I was just there on Saturday, I can't believe Jason didn't mention this to me.
Jason Z and Cody are great guys. I highly recommend this shop for the NW Jersey folks.

I hear the chief wrench is excellent too...

SpartaBard

The shop is now open. I stopped in on Thursday last week and met Pete. Jason was there as well. Shop is stocked and ready to go.

BAIN

Was leaving KVSP last saturday and was kinda happy that Cyclecraft had taken over the spot on 206 for some quick fixes, but now I am stoked that one of the best guys in the biz (Jason) has a shop in the area. Support this guy, he has done so many last minute repairs for me over the years and helped me out of a lot of jams.

If you want to learn how to keep a client base happy, learn from this guy.

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
These guys are great, I've been in there alot over the past couple weeks and they've had solutions to everything I throw at them. Pete is almost too good- He discovered the crack in my steel frame.:cry:

tednugent

Was leaving KVSP last saturday and was kinda happy that Cyclecraft had taken over the spot on 206 for some quick fixes, but now I am stoked that one of the best guys in the biz (Jason) has a shop in the area. Support this guy, he has done so many last minute repairs for me over the years and helped me out of a lot of jams.

If you want to learn how to keep a client base happy, learn from this guy.

Jason is also one of the nicest guys around

DownhillR3

Pete? You opened a shop!? BTW, it's Evan who used to ride the Rocky Mountain DH bikes a few years ago.

I will definately have to come say hi.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
hey evan, yup, I'm in andover and jay is in Sussex, although you can spot jay on certain days in andover. We're right on newton Sparta road by limecrest road and goodale. Stop by, and then take a ride at kittattinny. Maybe I'll even see ya at the pump track

mntal

Jason is great - bought my bike from him, continue to go back for everything I break. They know me by name (probably my credit card number by heart given the amount of damage I seem to do) and have always treated me great and are extremely helpful. Plus, their new shop is 5 minutes from my house - I have yet to meet Pete but definetly give these guys your business if you need things done right.

BAIN

hey evan, yup, I'm in andover and jay is in Sussex, although you can spot jay on certain days in andover. We're right on newton Sparta road by limecrest road and goodale. Stop by, and then take a ride at kittattinny. Maybe I'll even see ya at the pump track

I haven't been in the shop yet, but a friend of mine was in there buying shorts the other day. Said there was a bunch of RAD boys and their groupies all hanging around. He was a little bummed since both of us have relied on and supported Jason for so long. This shop is closer to his house and he said he wouldn't be back for any sort of important fixes or purchases.

Just because they can turn wrenches or ride doesn't mean they should be dealing with customers.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Thank you for your friend's input Bain. We tried to make a welcoming and comfortable environment through the design of the shop. We welcome any feedback. I'm sorry your friend did not enjoy his first visit, although I can say we are working hard to ensure the same quality of work and customer service at each store. Again, thank you for your friend's input, and I'd encourage you to stop in provide your own feedback

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Thank you for your friend's input Bain. We tried to make a welcoming and comfortable environment through the design of the shop. We welcome any feedback. I'm sorry your friend did not enjoy his first visit, although I can say we are working hard to ensure the same quality of work and customer service at each store. Again, thank you for your friend's input, and I'd encourage you to stop in provide your own feedback

Technically speaking, a group of groupies must be 3 persons or more. 2 customers and the shop manager technically only represents a "Kaffeeklatch".

I'd give Pete at Sussex bike another chance. He's a good guy, strong wrench and a straight shooter. Honestly, I remember feeling a little like an outsider at my current LBS (this was about 15 years ago), but now I feel part of a family. Any good LBS is a gathering place of sorts, or should be, and it just takes a visit or two and everyone's familiar and things are all good. Pretty soon he'll be part of the kaffeeklatch/groupie crew himself.

Pete, change your shop affiliation here on mtbnj (it still lists your previous employer).

BAIN

Believe me I will, I always find myself in some sort of jam when I am back in the old neighborhood. We aren't folks that judge a book by their cover, but you are now in a area that spends a lot of money down below on biking equipment and it would be sad if you lost local business due to first impressions.

I was bummed when Clayton had to drop out of that location when it was first built and I am stoked that someone that I know and trust with my bike is in there. All the luck to you guys and I will see you soon.

jpn

everyone there has been nice to me!

I have been in a couple times for some odds and ends and everyone is very nice. I don't know anyone's name yet, but I stopped in at the end of road ride a few days ago and my front derailer was putting the chain off the big ring and I asked them if they could take a quick look. I think it was the owner who put it right on the stand and lowered the derailer and adjusted it and now it shifts perfectly. He also showed me that the new chain that i just put on was a little long and offered to shorten that up. I thanked him and told him I would do that myself. He didn't charge me for this service. he also talked to me about a fitting, which I may take him up on.

I was asking him about getting a sign up and he said they were working on it and that the town has lots of regulations that don't help. The town wouldn't let him put any kind of small sign out by the road. talk about killing business, this state is great for that. the irony is that anywhere you go all you see is roadside signs for political candidates. talk about hypocrisy and road clutter.

anyway, I am sure i will be in this shop quite a bit and I wish them lots of good business success.

SpartaBard

I was in there this morning, and likewise Pete put my bike right onto the stand and did a couple adjustments and sent me on my way. Nothing but good things to say about this place.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
So I'm just killin the day flirtn with the ladies up in Milford, PA and the 26er calls. Seems I need to ferry some personal bike parts down to Sussex Bike. Awesome, I've been meaning to check out the old place:hmmm:I got the grand tour from Pete and the place looks great! He's well stocked and ready for anything you may need, so check them out anytime you're in the KVSP area:D

Top Bottom