Suspension forks

rayder

I want to get a fork for my wife's fat boy but everything seems to have thru axle but her wheel has old school skewer. Any suggestions other than getting new wheels

bucknejo

Can the hub support swapping out the internals, i.e. DT Swiss, CK? I'd say get a whole new hub, but that would probably mean getting new spokes too + rebuild which means you should probably just get a whole new wheel. Or a new bike.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want to get a fork for my wife's fat boy but everything seems to have thru axle but her wheel has old school skewer. Any suggestions other than getting new wheels
Are you sure???
Have you pulled the front wheel yet?
It may look like old school but I would bet any 150mm hub is a guaranteed 15mm thru axel, otherwise holy flex!
Mastodon FTW!

Mr.Moto

Are you sure???
It may look like old school but I would bet any 150mm hub is a guaranteed 15mm thru axel, otherwise holy flex!
Mastodon FTW!

I agree. Did they make a 150mm QR? At 150mm it would likely be a thru. If it's QR, it might be 135mm, which would mean getting a new wheel for the suspension fork.

rayder

Are you sure???
Mastodon FTW!

Currently it's a carbon fork with dropouts

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Currently it's a carbon fork with dropouts

I strongly recommend going for through axel if you’re looking at at suspension forks. Hell, even if your not looking for suspension. You most likely can convert the hub, so why wouldn’t you if you’re buying a fork anyway?

She’ll have a better riding experience.... which is the goal after all.

Top Bottom