Surly Karate Monkey Large (yes that one) $700.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Santa's KM is back on the block. Apparently I've gotten too used to the full squish life to go back. Going to save for the shreddy enduro on my bucket list instead.
As listed:
14 or 15 Karate Monkey Large.
Stan's Rapid wheels, SS specific rear hub.
34/19 with a fresh oval ring. SLX cranks. Spin nice.
Newer XT brakes (which I wanna swap for my guides, but that's not cool!)
Fox 32 100mm. Badass fork, owner swapped the uppers with a straight steerer so you get a properly fitting fork with a 15mm thru axle. Sweet.

I cleaned it up, retaped the rear wheel (which is still giving me issues I think it's the valve), greased the headset, etc.
Ready for that SS/bikepacking/steel is real life!
In CL terms, I payed $700.00, will sell for $700.00

Oh, almost forgot, Schwartz has right of first refusal.
Cheers!IMG_2014.JPG

joenova

What's the seat tube length? 20"? I'm new to MTB and looking for something entry-level but anything decent is sold out everywhere and this looks like a good alternative but the Walmart special I have now is 21.5" and I need something closer to 17-17.5".

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
What's the seat tube length? 20"? I'm new to MTB and looking for something entry-level but anything decent is sold out everywhere and this looks like a good alternative but the Walmart special I have now is 21.5" and I need something closer to 17-17.5".

How tall are you, this is a large

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
wanted to ask, why does it have the surly tug nut thing AND a tensioner? seems like they both do the same things?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
5'10" -- I know sizes vary between manufacturers and I've seen anywhere been a Medium, M/L, and Large for my height but wasn't sure for this one (I looked it up and I think it said 20" but figured I'd ask OP for verification).

I know the link says 16 but its covering 14/15 in the actual page, at the bottom is a sizing chart link

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks -- ya that's the one I was looking at earlier. Guess I always like to just ask the person themselves, haha. 20" I think might be too big for me, though -- guess the search continues, lol.

Appreciate the help!
I'm 5'10, the original owner is my height or maybe a little less. Older stuff tends to be kinda shorter and taller than current geometry. But if you're my height, it'd work. A medium would be too short in the top tube.

Santa

wanted to ask, why does it have the surly tug nut thing AND a tensioner? seems like they both do the same things?
Your correct prolly could take off the tug nuts. When I put the oval on the front. Was getting wonky chain tension with just the tugs. Just kept them on cause I think they look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom