surgery time

Not So Fast

I had my knee scoped

about 10 years ago. The first night was the worst. I dont remember what pain killer they gave me but after the first night I stopped taking them. I hated the weird buzz they gave me. I just took alot of otc pain killers.

Try sneaking some GU in your Camelbak. Just kidding... If your mouth gets dry or your feeling the hunger try some chewing gum. It helps me take my mind off eating.

Good Luck

D

DANSPANK

How many more times do I have to keep coming over and helping you out with stuff?

F

FallGirl1430

Welcome home Walter!
Rest, drink lotsa water and ice, ice and more ice.
I have had 5 knee scopes and in 2002 fractured my right shoulder in 12 places, six months later my Dr. had to scope my shoulder to clean up some scar tissue. In a few days you will be feeling better. I too had skin crawlies from percosets.

Fallgirl ... :)

walter

Fourth Party
Hey, things are good. Surgery was on St. Pattys Day. Two screws to repair my labrum, started therapy this past wednesday(3/26). Surgery went quick, in at 2:30, awake and repaired by 5. Everything went as expected, there were no surprises when they got inside. Repaired my labrum, cleaned out some crap and made sure everything was in tact.

The first night was easy because they had me dosed up to get me through the night, but the next morning not so nice. I woke up Tuesday morning in unbelievable pain. I wasnt to keen on taking the pain meds but after a double dose of extra strength Tylenol did me a hill of shit, Mrs walter said, "just take the painkillers", and a short while later I was in a much happier place. NJ Jess told me to take them, I should have taken her advice earlier. A few days later I was feeling better, the only time it hurts now is when I do something stupid like sneeze or cough or stretch the wrong way.

Now its just the long, slow recovery. For the first 12 weeks of therapy, no weights, just simple movements to keep the scar tissue down and keep the joint moving and loose. Then from there I will begin to gradually start incremental weight work. Since I do a fair amount of physical labor, it is going to be a while for me to build up to the weight required for me to get back to work and more importantly back on the bikes.

So what do I do with all my time off? Well, unfortunately I eat alot, which is not so nice. Jdog referred to me as the fattest skinny guy he knows. Once I get out of the sling I can get back on the trainer and I am thinking about just doing alot of walking on the trails just so I dont lose my mind. I am also planning my tattoo work since now I actually have the time to sit and take care of it. Books help also, I have a bunch lined up.

Thats about it, 2 tiny holes in my shoulder and the pics to prove it. All I have to do now is wait for the OK to get back to business.

Top Bottom