surfs up! - bertha is sending some waves

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
the build is on!

looks like bertha's track is going the right way for some swell over the weekend and (hopefully) well into next week.

TonyC

hit the waves

I was down at Long Branch on Saturday. The waves were getting brutal. Too much undertoe for the kiddies. Of course Daddy had to go out and ride some waves on my antique Morey Mach 7-7. Lots of fun.
Going back down on Thrusday.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
yeah there were three drownings unfortunately.

there was on at AC and two in wildwood.

the one off AC i think was a person in their 50's. the person was rescued by lifeguards, and as they were bringing him in the boat, he went unconscious, fell back in the water. they brought him up into the boat, tried CPR, and nothing worked. the hospital said he didn't drown but still died of natural causes.

the other two were swimming together from shore out to a bouy 100 yards out at 7:30pm in wildwood (no lifeguards around at that time) and didn't make it back to shore. very unfortunate. the story sounded like inexperienced swimmers that unfortunately were in conditions they couldn't handle.

TonyC

yeah there were three drownings unfortunately.

there was on at AC and two in wildwood.

the one off AC i think was a person in their 50's. the person was rescued by lifeguards, and as they were bringing him in the boat, he went unconscious, fell back in the water. they brought him up into the boat, tried CPR, and nothing worked. the hospital said he didn't drown but still died of natural causes.

the other two were swimming together from shore out to a bouy 100 yards out at 7:30pm in wildwood (no lifeguards around at that time) and didn't make it back to shore. very unfortunate. the story sounded like inexperienced swimmers that unfortunately were in conditions they couldn't handle.

drowning, that's a horrible way to go. You don't want to give up but your soo exhausted.
I had a hard time getting back to shore in waist deep water. I had to belly surf three waves to finally get on the beach. It was funny seeing people get knocked down in knee deep water though.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
It was funny seeing people get knocked down in knee deep water though.

you're not kidding - seriously, there's nothing like some shorestyle slapstick humor to add to the fun.

i was down in lavalette on sunday for few hours. i brought my board, but wasn't 100% set on getting in the water even before i got down, i was working on NO sleep, and was beat... and i figured with the bigger surf it would just make for a rough time out in the water.

a buddy of mine who is a real strong paddler/surfer (he can paddle circles around me) was out surfing when i showed up. after watching him get totally abused after getting caught right on that sweet spot where the waves were just dumping, i put down my board and swiftly took to a sixer of coronas and a plate of shrimp. i sat back and watched the fun ensue. when he got out of the water, he was so beat up - i was thoroughly entertained. especially after a few of the coronas had been downed.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I surfed from about 6:45 till about 9:45 today.

It was a full tide when I got out but the waves cleaned up as the tide dropped.

A long board would have been better as there was no punch but a bit of size.

J_

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
I surfed from about 6:45 till about 9:45 today.

It was a full tide when I got out but the waves cleaned up as the tide dropped.

A long board would have been better as there was no punch but a bit of size.

J_

what would say it is down to? waist/chest?

Top Bottom