Supercross fans!

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
For everyone who likes AMA Supercross it starts tonight! Round 1 from Anahiem California is live tonight on SPEED Channel. I think the 450 main will go off about 11:45p so if your up late check out Bubba vs. Reed. James Stewart switched to L&M Yamaha this year (don't know why, guess its about the $) and Chad Reed is now on Suzuki. I like Ivan Tedesco on Team RedBull Honda. He's been living in Florida and training with Ricky Carmichael. Ivan won't take the win but would like to see him in the top 5. Last year Josh Hill rode very strong (or was it lack of competion) in his first full year on the bigger bikes. Kevin Windam I think should not have come back from his retirement a few years ago, he lost the drive. After Bubba went 12 for 12 in the outdoor series last year I'm picking him to win the AMA Supercross Series too. Reed didn't ride the outdoor series last year and I've heard that Bubba may do a "Supercross Only" deal this year. Real riders race BOTH Supercross and Motocross. You never saw riders like Hanna, Omara, Ward, Glover, Bailey, Cooper, Stanton, Johnson, Bradshaw, McGrath or Carmichael they would never do that, they were true Champions. If Stewart does a Supercross only deal than I've lost some respect for him.

RC ... :getsome:

Last edited:

dhsean

Awesome, I'll be watching. I want to grow up and ride supercross one day. For now I just make dirtbike noises when I'm on the MTB.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So funny watching jason lawrence. I remember going to open practice at hurricane hills and etown and him jumping over all of our heads on his 80.

don

crap. missed this post about it and was watching TV a little late last night too. Supercross is always a pleasure to watch.

TonyC

Thanks to the DVR I got to watch the rest of the race.

Wow! Stewart basically knocked himself out (literally).

Some great racing.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ya, im suprised, reed looked pretty good. I figured stewart would have checked out right from the start.

I cant believe that stupid tuff block cover almost cost grant the race. Its so DUMB that they do not secure those things in anyway.

seredyns

Some great racing. You have to wonder if Stewart is having second thoughts about that new team with the bike hitting neutral (or something) and then not starting. Hopefully we'll get to see Reed and Stewart go bar to bar at upcoming races.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some great racing. You have to wonder if Stewart is having second thoughts about that new team with the bike hitting neutral (or something) and then not starting. Hopefully we'll get to see Reed and Stewart go bar to bar at upcoming races.

I dont know, Reed was on the exact same bike and the exact same team last year and it didnt stop him from winning the championship. Im wondering what actually happened to the bike. I highly doubt it hit nuetral because there is no way he came out of that turn and was shifting from 1st into 2nd. I doubt they are using 1st gear on that track period. I mean I dont even use 1st gear on my stock engined 450 on any SX track that I have ridden. I guess its possible to hit false nuetral between gears, I have had that happen once for a split second. Pretty rare occurance though. Either way, hitting nuetral or false nuetral is the rider not shifting correctly, not the bike. As far as it not restarting......He was really dazed after smacking his head and then KW nailing his bike too. It didnt look like he was kicking it like he had a pair. I think its a good thing that he didnt get it restarted, he was clearly a little out of it.

seredyns

I dont know, Reed was on the exact same bike and the exact same team last year and it didnt stop him from winning the championship. Im wondering what actually happened to the bike. I highly doubt it hit nuetral because there is no way he came out of that turn and was shifting from 1st into 2nd. I doubt they are using 1st gear on that track period. I mean I dont even use 1st gear on my stock engined 450 on any SX track that I have ridden. I guess its possible to hit false nuetral between gears, I have had that happen once for a split second. Pretty rare occurance though. Either way, hitting nuetral or false nuetral is the rider not shifting correctly, not the bike. As far as it not restarting......He was really dazed after smacking his head and then KW nailing his bike too. It didnt look like he was kicking it like he had a pair. I think its a good thing that he didnt get it restarted, he was clearly a little out of it.

I agree with you and most likely was some other issue or just rider error. Hopefully James will be back in action for the next race.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bubbles pulled it out this week, but reed really gave him a run. Funny, stewart used to beat him by a mile, looks like reed stepped it up a bit.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Bubbles pulled it out this week, but reed really gave him a run. Funny, stewart used to beat him by a mile, looks like reed stepped it up a bit.

Yep, Bubba beat Reed by 1 second, sheesh. I was happy to see hot sauce crack the top 5. K-dub should hang up his boots

RC ... :)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Im suprised that Villopoto is sucking so bad. I mean he did beat everyone of these guys on his 250, twice in a row at MXDN. Not to mention, he used to make Grant look like he was riding a bicycle when they both rode 250f's. I guess he is just not fully comfortable on that bike yet.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Im suprised that Villopoto is sucking so bad. I mean he did beat everyone of these guys on his 250, twice in a row at MXDN. Not to mention, he used to make Grant look like he was riding a bicycle when they both rode 250f's. I guess he is just not fully comfortable on that bike yet.

Give him time Joe, as you might know switching from the smaller 250's to the bigger 450's can be a huge difference. You can practice for hours on end on the bigger bike, but when it comes to racing it's not the same as the 250's. I think Villopoto will be the guy to beat in the next two years when Bubba has had enough.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Give him time Joe, as you might know switching from the smaller 250's to the bigger 450's can be a huge difference. You can practice for hours on end on the bigger bike, but when it comes to racing it's not the same as the 250's. I think Villopoto will be the guy to beat in the next two years when Bubba has had enough.

Ya true. I cant compare myself. I went from riding 125's to 250's and I thought riding got easier by 50%. But at that time I was 230lbs, a novice, and trying to clear jumps on a bike that was dead meat power wise. My 250 made life way easier for me. My 450 even more so. But these guys are riding at a level that I cant imagine. Im sure he will come around.

Suck jason lawrence got hurt. I know he's a little prick and all, but I always like routing for a NJ guy.

brybry57

lets keep this thread alive because I just found it
my 2 cents
bubba will run away with the series
vilipotto will Kick ass outdoors and is just working on supercross still I raced with him the year before he turned pro and he hauled but he did not win his first SX season.
Reed will always be number 2
Lawrence is a dumb kid and will turn it around, I have raced with him all my life and he has made some crazy comebacks, but outdoors will be a good year for him.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
lets keep this thread alive because I just found it
my 2 cents
bubba will run away with the series
vilipotto will Kick ass outdoors and is just working on supercross still I raced with him the year before he turned pro and he hauled but he did not win his first SX season.
Reed will always be number 2
Lawrence is a dumb kid and will turn it around, I have raced with him all my life and he has made some crazy comebacks, but outdoors will be a good year for him.

I forgot it was here :hmmm:
I've somewhat lost interest in SX/MX once I learned that Bubba may do a SX only deal. I would love to know what Hanna thinks about Bubba going SX only. I may go down to Jacksonville, Fla to see the SX in April. IMO RC was the last True Champion.

The Other RC ... :D

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Suck jason lawrence got hurt. I know he's a little prick and all, but I always like routing for a NJ guy.

I bet J Law will soon be just another freestyle misfit. I saw him ride at E-town on the 80's and he could rip, such a waste of pure talent

Top Bottom