Sunscreen issue

xtrpureguts

I am doing the Halters July challenge. Since I’m out everyday I’ve been more careful about using sunscreen. With this heat, I’ve been sweating a lot and the sunscreen eventually irratates my eyes. It is so annoying I have to stop a couple of times and rinse my eyes with water. I use coppertone sport spray and try to use minimal on my forehead.

Any recommendations on a brand or approach to minimize this problem? Thanks.

BPaze

I am doing the Halters July challenge. Since I’m out everyday I’ve been more careful about using sunscreen. With this heat, I’ve been sweating a lot and the sunscreen eventually irratates my eyes. It is so annoying I have to stop a couple of times and rinse my eyes with water. I use coppertone sport spray and try to use minimal on my forehead.

Any recommendations on a brand or approach to minimize this problem? Thanks.

Try wearing a headband, bandana or cycling cap to prevent the sunscreen and sweat from dripping into your eyes. I sweat profusely and can't ride without a headband to prevent the sweat from getting in my eyes.

The other option is to just not put any sunscreen at all on above the eyes.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hat.jpg

sunscreen-you-mean-bitch-frosting.jpg

Karate Monkey

I use Dermatone. Doesn't take much, even using every day on face/arms/legs, a tin will last at least a couple of weeks. Doesn't move, sweat doesn't bother it. Oh, and a cycling cap (Walz poly caps work best under a helmet...)/buff/bandana.

Ian F

Second or third the headband comment. They have definitely been great for keeping sweat out of my eyes and off my glasses. At least most of the time. In this heat it is somewhat inevitable.

For some reason, my sweat seems to act like a natural sun block. I can be out for an 8 hr. road ride and my legs will barely show any tanning. Mostly just the tops of my knees.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Halo bandana - I sweat like a pig, my eyes with contacts burn with sunscreen and these work great.

PB-4T.jpg

Now my problem is my gloves smell like dog paws

wash them in dawn in the sink. works on my smelly stuff. i used to use the mini basket in the washing machine, but don't have one of those now.

ekuhn

+1 on the Halo head band. Use mine all the time since I sweat like an unfaithful woman in church.

Top Bottom