Sunday Ringwood Conditions

Nimrod

Sunday, Wife and Kids are going skiing:)

I'm unsupervised

(Best Guess) how will the conditions be at Ringwood?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I'll report back tomorrow.

I'm thinkin' by Sunday with the colder temps. should be pretty solid. Don't know what's on the trails though.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Stay away from Ringwood, Nimrod.
Lot C is a glacier, all the trails are covered in icy snow, even the fireroads.

Rode past Jungle Hab and Skyline and I'm thinking they are probably the same.

T

tlnj

Stay away from Ringwood, Nimrod.
Lot C is a glacier, all the trails are covered in icy snow, even the fireroads.

Rode past Jungle Hab and Skyline and I'm thinking they are probably the same.

Is Westchester gonna be any better (ie, less icy) tomorrow?

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Is Westchester gonna be any better (ie, less icy) tomorrow?

Not according to the WMBA folks. Blue is a mess with ice, slush and frozen snow. Some are going to try to ride Sprain tomorrow, but it's a crapshoot.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Sprain was good this morning, because it was frozen. No snow or ice. Get out in the morning early Sunday before it warms up, because there's a lot of water locked up in that soil that will turn it to mush as soon as the temps give it a chance...

t.wach

I was just up in ringwood this past sunday and everything is covered in snow and ice. Definatly would not be fun to ride. This snow should melt some of the rain and i think it is supposed to get colder this weekend. Im hoping by Sunday the ground should freeze up and there should be some good riding.

Panhead

Snow and ice aren't that bad once you get used to it. Usually makes the tech stuff alot smother and faster. Unless it gets cold real fast or warm and windy anything up north will be mud.

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
JH is good for snow sports but riding is a no go. the trails are covered in snow. even if there is a melt they will be mud pits.

Top Bottom