sunday january 11, 10 AM Shepherard Lake, Ringwood | dad gad winter tri workout

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
winter triathlon training is officilally here. if you are up for trail running, mtb or x-country ski this work-out is for you.
Directions to Shperherds Lake:
Sloatsburg Rd & Morris Rd.; Take Morris Rd up to two concrete eagles of skylands manor, make the left to shepherd lake

park near the picnic tables, they plow better there than at the trail head

click here for the motion based route
r.s.v.p.; post back or p.m.

Last edited:

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
arials: system of a down

no doubt ringwood will have an eire look come sunday

Last edited:

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
years ago my dad warned me when i move out the neighbors will not allow/like practicing the music, he neglected to tell me they won't allow cycling trainers either

Last edited:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
i have one acoustic guitar,blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Whew, I was feeling nauseous and dizzy for a bit there. You see, JK, I DO play guitar and my whole world was shaky thinking you did too. It's like when you can teach a monkey to do a valued skill that you can do... kinda' debases your entire world. Glad that's not the case.

I have an accordian.
I have a trumpet.
I don't play them, so I don't talk about them like I know something about them.
It goes back to the whole 'If you've got to say you're a Diva, then ain't no way you're a Diva.' thing...
maybe you are a Diva, I don't know, but the more you talk, the less I believe.

You see, you talk a whole lot about nothing you know anything about so it's just a whole lot of nothing but noise.

Now, I'm trying to help you here, JK, cause I know you mean well and I know you are just looking to ride and have fun and make some friends. Here's what you've got to do... Hush up. Yep, it's that simple. Be quiet. Say as little as possible. Your willingness to share WAY too much is your downfall. It's why few people respond to your rides. It's why(and I know this one for a fact) some people will intentionally avoid going to a park if they know you're riding there. You're scary, bro'. Plain and simple.

So here's the thing, I want you to have fun, I want you to have friends, everyone deserves friends. So shoot straight, keep on topic and be brief. Don't go off on tangents trying to be funny or fluff out your feathers to look big and important, it ain't workin' for ya'. You'll earn more respect with less chatter, GUARANTEED!! Then a funny thing might happen, people might stop poking fun at you and start inviting you to ride with them.

Go for it, dude.
Here's to a new you in 2009!

Last edited:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
i play guitar, i just prefer banjo

as far as your accordian goes, is it a button or piano?

maybe some day i give it a shot, banjo and accordian is good stuff

i play guitar I'd like to see that.
button or piano? An accordian has both. A concertina has only buttons.
banjo and accordian is good stuff I agree, if they're in the same trash can.

ArmyOfNone

Whew, I was feeling nauseous and dizzy for a bit there. You see, JK, I DO play guitar and my whole world was shaky thinking you did too. It's like when you can teach a monkey to do a valued skill that you can do... kinda' debases your entire world. Glad that's not the case.

I have an accordian.
I have a trumpet.
I don't play them, so I don't talk about them like I know something about them.
It goes back to the whole 'If you've got to say you're a Diva, then ain't no way you're a Diva.' thing...
maybe you are a Diva, I don't know, but the more you talk, the less I believe.

You see, you talk a whole lot about nothing you know anything about so it's just a whole lot of nothing but noise.

Now, I'm trying to help you here, JK, cause I know you mean well and I know you are just looking to ride and have fun and make some friends. Here's what you've got to do... Hush up. Yep, it's that simple. Be quiet. Say as little as possible. Your willingness to share WAY too much is your downfall. It's why few people respond to your rides. It's why(and I know this one for a fact) some people will intentionally avoid going to a park if they know you're riding there. You're scary, bro'. Plain and simple.

So here's the thing, I want you to have fun, I want you to have friends, everyone deserves friends. So shoot straight, keep on topic and be brief. Don't go off on tangents trying to be funny or fluff out your feathers to look big and important, it ain't workin' for ya'. You'll earn more respect with less chatter, GUARANTEED!! Then a funny thing might happen, people might stop poking fun at you and start inviting you to ride with them.

Go for it, dude.

FAN-freakin-TASTIC

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Go for it, dude.

Screw respect, I want entertainment!:D
You can't make this stuff up:rofl:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
corporate america wants to harvest a "super athlete" to reap big bucks.

what does the super "cash cow" athlete look like? how do they act?

babe ruth, perhaps the best baseball player of all time.

did he look like an a-typical athlete?

WTF...tri-workout then guitars and banjos, now what does an athlete look like. COMPLETE NONSENSE. im actually pissed at myself for posting on this but dude really WTF. relax

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
You see, JK, I DO play guitar and my whole world was shaky thinking you did too. It's like when you can teach a monkey to do a valued skill that you can do... kinda' debases your entire world. Glad that's not the case.

Here's what you've got to do... Hush up. Yep, it's that simple. Be quiet. Say as little as possible.

Here's to a new you in 2009

What an arrogant asshole post. If you really wanted to help him you could have just PM'ed whatever advice you have. Instead you compare him to a trained monkey? The guy is kooky -- better than being an asshole anyday.

sixseven

What an arrogant asshole post. If you really wanted to help him you could have just PM'ed whatever advice you have. Instead you compare him to a trained monkey? The guy is kooky -- better than being an asshole anyday.

+1 on that. Use PM next time.

Kooks are good.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
a. t. p.

i did not mean to go on a tangent, this thread s/b regarding tri work-outs

does any one have an "A. T. P.", (Annual Training Plan)?

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep

Gee, you're absolutely right.
When you read that by itself, it wasn't very nice.
I was saying I felt like a trained monkey, I did not mean to imply that he was a trained monkey.

In fact, monkeys can be really smart. Shoot, they can fly spaceships, The United States launched monkey flights primarily between 1948 and 1961 with one flight in 1969 and one in 1985. France launched two monkey space flights in 1967. The Soviet Union and Russia launched monkeys between 1983 and 1996. Most monkeys were anesthetized before lift-off. Thirty-two monkeys flew in the space program; each had only one mission. Numerous back-up monkeys also went through the programs but never flew. Monkeys from several species were used, including rhesus monkeys, cynomolgus monkeys, and squirrel monkeys, as well as pig-tailed macaques.

But they were unable to teach the monkeys how to play guitar... because monkeys can't read. That's why they can't play in Gad dad.
This is as far as they got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEJHt0XXio&feature=related

But Monkeys can ride bikes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPQcIljM3M
maybe even better than me.

But I digress. I will certainly try to re-read my posts to be sure I don't come off as an arrogant asshole ever again. :)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Gee, you're absolutely right.
When you read that by itself, it wasn't very nice.
I was saying I felt like a trained monkey, I did not mean to imply that he was a trained monkey.

In fact, monkeys can be really smart. Shoot, they can fly spaceships, The United States launched monkey flights primarily between 1948 and 1961 with one flight in 1969 and one in 1985. France launched two monkey space flights in 1967. The Soviet Union and Russia launched monkeys between 1983 and 1996. Most monkeys were anesthetized before lift-off. Thirty-two monkeys flew in the space program; each had only one mission. Numerous back-up monkeys also went through the programs but never flew. Monkeys from several species were used, including rhesus monkeys, cynomolgus monkeys, and squirrel monkeys, as well as pig-tailed macaques.

But they were unable to teach the monkeys how to play guitar... because monkeys can't read. That's why they can't play in Gad dad.
This is as far as they got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEJHt0XXio&feature=related

But Monkeys can ride bikes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPQcIljM3M
maybe even better than me.

But I digress. I will certainly try to re-read my posts to be sure I don't come off as an arrogant asshole ever again. :)

there is only one Mac
be yourself... ;)

Top Bottom