sunday january 11, 10 AM Shepherard Lake, Ringwood | dad gad winter tri workout

Gee, you're absolutely right.
When you read that by itself, it wasn't very nice.
I was saying I felt like a trained monkey, I did not mean to imply that he was a trained monkey.

In fact, monkeys can be really smart. Shoot, they can fly spaceships, The United States launched monkey flights primarily between 1948 and 1961 with one flight in 1969 and one in 1985. France launched two monkey space flights in 1967. The Soviet Union and Russia launched monkeys between 1983 and 1996. Most monkeys were anesthetized before lift-off. Thirty-two monkeys flew in the space program; each had only one mission. Numerous back-up monkeys also went through the programs but never flew. Monkeys from several species were used, including rhesus monkeys, cynomolgus monkeys, and squirrel monkeys, as well as pig-tailed macaques.

But they were unable to teach the monkeys how to play guitar... because monkeys can't read. That's why they can't play in Gad dad.
This is as far as they got:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEJHt0XXio&feature=related

But Monkeys can ride bikes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgPQcIljM3M
maybe even better than me.

But I digress. I will certainly try to re-read my posts to be sure I don't come off as an arrogant asshole ever again. :)

Please stay on the topic.:rolleyes:....complete nonsense = bike monkey.....:rofl:

Winter entertainment ;)

my training plan for 2009
Document1.jpg

I'm doing a 12 mile run (at 8:30 pace) Sunday morning out of saddle brook in saddle river park if you're interested.

I'm doing a 12 mile run (at 8:30 pace) Sunday morning out of saddle brook in saddle river park if you're interested.
thanks for the invite

hopefully tonight i'll make it to ringwood, then i'll know more if i want to go back sunday, depending on the conditions

also, the nj masters (runners), usually convene sunday mornings 7:30 AM @ Glen Rock Duck Pond, and do a long run, up saddle river road

i never joined the running club, as i have current memberships in the touring club and tri club, the running club, they want you to join USATF (U.S. Track Field) for insurance pusposes even if you join (U.S. Triathlon)

what time do your sunday runs start, on sunday i'm generally free by 9:30 - 10 AM, depening on where the work-out starts, also your pace might be a little fast for me, if i loose a couple of pounds, and work on my intervels, maybe i can bring up my speed. a few months ago, i think i did one lap of standard track lap at 54 seconds, so i need to do some more interval work to bring up my pace

what time do your sunday runs start, on sunday

it varies but we're running at 7am this coming sunday. though it might snow so who the hell knows. Keep at it and I'll let you know about easier days.

a few months ago, i think i did one lap of standard track lap at 54 seconds, so i need to do some more interval work to bring up my pace
That doesn't sound accurate given your other pacing. Standard track is 1/4 mile, and a quarter mile at 54 seconds is fast. My fastest quarter mile ever was 53 and that was in high school and in a quarter-mile race. Maybe it was a shorter track?

Interval work (a fartlek) is excellent, truly a huge boost for anyone training for any endurance sport. I try to do quarter mile repeats one day a week and not only does it add a huge gain in stamina but preps your body for race pace. Mental gains as well. I'll go up to 2 track workouts a week getting closer to a race.

Run a track loop at a pace that's fast but that you know you can duplicate several times. Walk or jog (don't stop) for less than 2 minutes between each one and do at least 6. Two-mile warmup before and two-mile cool-down after. Ass-kickin.

54 seconds is fast. My fastest quarter mile ever was 53 and that was in high school and in a quarter-mile race. Maybe it was a shorter track?
it may have been 56 seconds, for the lap, but i am sure its a standard track where four laps = 1 mile. next time i'll check with the garmin.
however, i like to run the bleachers as well as the the regular track

also, my town is very hilly and i may just run up and down every street and see how much altitute gain i can get, my ringwood loop is just over 600 feet gain, but i do mostly grasmere & shepherd lak rd. if i attacked some hills, a 6 mile loop might give me 1,000 feet gain

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6760717

my first time at ringwood, i cycled up from morris & ringwood rds. believe it or not, that 6 mile loop gave me 1300 feet elevation gain, you can try i, just park car at ball field of margaret king ave & sloatsburg rd, in fact, i can't guarantee it, but you can probably park there earlier than when the park officially opens (8 AM) and not get a ticket

o.m.g.: i just looked at the map again, and it appears shepheard lake rd continues past the lake, take that to Chapel/Eagle Valley/S. Gate and your in Sterling Forest! if you want epic continue on to harriman

ringwood ramapo red trail
p_00006.jpg

is this trail and the shepherd pond rd one in the same?

i dunno, i am still planning on attending sunday's event at shepherd lake, thursday nite at ringwood was like right out of "ice age", the real one not the cartoon

that being said i'll be at the pond sunday w/sneakers, x-c skis and bike (x-c 1st to make the single track)

ice-pick and frivilous frivoloties optional

====================================

event postponed due to icey roadways

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom