sunday, feb 25

ArmyOfNone

Im bummin. I had plans to ride with some friends at allaire tomorrow morning but they fell through.

Im lookin to tag along with someone if you dont mind :)

ArmyOfNone

Allamuchy Conditions?

Anyone been through Allamuchy?

Jeff and I were thinking of meeting sean up there for a ride. But we are unsure of what things may be like up there. We kinda dont want to make a wasted trip (ie- last week at allaire).

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I read on the other site that LM was icy. I can't imagine the Mooch would be much better.

J-Dro

I could be wrong but I think the Mooch will be a slick block of ice until about 11am, when it will turn into a slushy mess.

I had high hopes of hitting LM this morning... we have basically no snow left in central NJ so I assumed that LM would be about the same. Wrong. The rain on Thursday mixed with the inch or two of snow on the ground to freeze into a giant ice rink. I rode about a half mile til I aborted the mission.

Ironically, I stopped by the Sourlands on my way home from LM and its down to bare ground there. Unfortunately, it was about 11am by that time and it was getting soft and squishy.

So, I propose riding the Sourlands instead on Sunday before it warms up. Say, 8:30am? Whattya think?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I could be wrong but I think the Mooch will be a slick block of ice until about 11am, when it will turn into a slushy mess.

I had high hopes of hitting LM this morning... we have basically no snow left in central NJ so I assumed that LM would be about the same. Wrong. The rain on Thursday mixed with the inch or two of snow on the ground to freeze into a giant ice rink. I rode about a half mile til I aborted the mission.

Ironically, I stopped by the Sourlands on my way home from LM and its down to bare ground there. Unfortunately, it was about 11am by that time and it was getting soft and squishy.

So, I propose riding the Sourlands instead on Sunday before it warms up. Say, 8:30am? Whattya think?

Interesting. This is almost the same exact experience posted in mtbr. I almost went to LM but wimped out because I thought the cold + wind would be too much for a 3 hour ride. Good thing I guess.

J-Dro

Interesting. This is almost the same exact experience posted in mtbr. I almost went to LM but wimped out because I thought the cold + wind would be too much for a 3 hour ride. Good thing I guess.

Yeah I just read the mtbr post. Sure wish I read it last night before I wasted a trip. Nothing worse then getting all psyched up for a ride only to have to walk away with your tail between your legs.

ArmyOfNone

Jeff, can we do 9? I have a buddie comming up and itll take a lil bit longer for him to get there. Im getting ready to sit down for dinner. Ill give you a call in a few.

J-Dro

Yeah 9am is fine. Anyone else who feels like ridin the rock gardens at Sourlands is welcome too.

walter

Fourth Party
for some odd reason, I had it set in my mind that I was going to ride Clayton tomorrow, I know its rideable, its a good lung and leg burner, plus I can ride it myself and not hold anyone up.

I am off on tuesday if anyone wants to hook up.

Have fun tomorrow

PatrickBrown

for some odd reason, I had it set in my mind that I was going to ride Clayton tomorrow, I know its rideable, its a good lung and leg burner, plus I can ride it myself and not hold anyone up.

I am off on tuesday if anyone wants to hook up.

Have fun tomorrow

damn, had I remembered that clayton was an option, I would have hustled to get the bike finished and everything else I need to make the maiden voyage and joined you.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Clayton is good to go?!?

I had it set in my mind that I was going to ride Clayton tomorrow, I know its rideable
Did you get a recent report confirming this? Cool.

I, too, have a new bike that I think I'd particularly enjoy on the buffed singletrack of Clayton.

walter

Fourth Party
Did you get a recent report confirming this? Cool.

I, too, have a new bike that I think I'd particularly enjoy on the buffed singletrack of Clayton.

No official word, just assuming from past exp. It drains really well and there are only a few spots that actually hold water. Im leaving shortly so I will be the guinea pig for there as well.

What new bike are you speaking of? Is your orange creation complete? that is your orange creation at J's right?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that's one luxury you central/south jerzey folks have...winter clears out a little earlier. based on the weather now, looks like a negative on trails for at least another week. i want spring.

J-Dro

That was the most fun I've had at the Sourlands in a long time. Conditions were near perfect. Just the occasional ice patch here and there but overall the traction was great.

Good crew... Great to meet the legendary elweako as well.

Oh, and Fred crashed.:p

ArmyOfNone

tougher than with the c-dale?

It was a bit tougher without the suspension. atleast on the c-dale i have 80mm. Just enough to take the edge off.

That was the most fun I've had at the Sourlands in a long time. Conditions were near perfect. Just the occasional ice patch here and there but overall the traction was great.

Good crew... Great to meet the legendary elweako as well.

Oh, and Fred crashed.:p

Today was awsome. great weather, great conditions, great ppls.

and the burger at the diner with those onion rings :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

i less than 3 rocks!

and yes i crashed...2 or 3 good times. but im convinced that when it comes to dismounting when your going over the handlebars. There is no one better than I!

Top Bottom