sunday, Feb 10th - Nothing Doing

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
yo all

i won't be riding chimney rock at 8am on sunday - the weather is just not lookin' good.

Last edited:

liong71er

riding the rock.

well, it should be fun riding during snow.
how about afternoon like 1:30 pm.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
i wish i could do it later in the day, but i have a ton to do on sunday, so i gotta do it early...

J-Dro

Not to burst anyones bubble, but saturdays high temp will be around 50 and its not even supposed to dip below 32 deg on saturday night. Oh and its gonna rain. So the chances of frozen trails on sunday morning are zilch.

The weather blows this winter. Bring on the cold!!!

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Go north. Blue Mountain and Ninham will both see sub-freezing temps tonight.

Thinking about Ninham XC in the morning tomorrow...

N

Neen

I was just at Chimney Rock, on the yellow trail by the hawk watch and it's pretty muddy over there. And I tend to find that side to be drier than the rest of the park in general so unless the temp hits freezing NOW, I doubt it will be good riding this weekend. I'm told that even the Vernon area is pretty muddy as of last nite.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think you have a small window at RV tomorrow morning, really early. Other than that most of this state is messy.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Yeah, Blue was great last Sunday. Although I had to cut the ride short because of my buddy's broken skewer.. I should have made him wait in the Parking lot:getsome:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this the same buddy we rode with ("rode with") at Ringwood?

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
yeah its looking crappy - hey Norm, could you add a 'cancelled' to the thread title?

i'm gonna hit RU's campus up, or maybe the skate park in the early morning instead.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
J

How is it Ninham compared to Blue? Besides all the jumps & stunts, can you do a good XC loop with bunch of miles?....29er SS rigid kinda ride?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
sunday should be frozen and firm all day in the mooch-wayway-stokes triangle. ringwood possibly too.

that would include steven's, mahlon, kittatiny, etc. forecast is teens overnight, max of 33 during the day with possible snow showers.

Top Bottom