sunday, Feb 10th - Nothing Doing

i would love some directions to BLUE MT. i live near 287 parkway TP...in south amboy...give me a web site that has a listing for that place or some half way decient directions...

i would love some directions to BLUE MT. i live near 287 parkway TP...in south amboy...give me a web site that has a listing for that place or some half way decient directions...

Okay off the top of my head, 287 or GSP North to NY 87/Thruway towards Tappan Zee. Exit 13N (Palisades Parkway North) for about 15 miles. Stay right at highway split, follow signage for Bear Mtn. Bridge. Pay toll. Keep right after bridge, follow twisty road (Rt. 6?) w/cliffs on left, Hudson on right. At the next circle, bear right follow signs for Rt.9 Peekskill. Make right on Rt. 9 South and exit in about 2 miles (Welcher Avenue). Make left at the end of exit ramp; go under Rt.9 and uphill; park will be directly in front of you just past the STOP sign and Equadorian deli. Make left upon entering the park; lot will be 1/4 mi. down.

getting there is a pain, but well worth it. Same with stewart and Kenneth wilson. ya have to make a day out of it.

kenneth wilson?

been to blue mtn and Stewart both great so what the @#$$% is kenneth wilson?

kw

thanks for the info, is there mountainbiking in the campground itself? I've been to a place in the catskills called Jockey hill road and it was great

After all that, we ended up at Ringwood on Saturday morning. Was 28 degrees, frozen solid and leafy brown when we started, but by the end of the ride there was a half inch of white stuff on the ground. Super fun in that sketchy kind of way.

Here are some pics from one of the guys on the ride:

Good conditions when we started out, not too cold, just hovering around freezing.
IMG_0953s.jpg

But snow quickly made some of the rocks and bridges a bit too slippery.
IMG_0955s.jpg

Slight tire clearance issues on my Reba.
IMG_0957s.jpg

And slight traction issues when I fell off the side of this rock garden.
IMG_0963s.jpg

A nice day to be out in the woods.
IMG_0965s.jpg

With a bunch of mountain bikers.
IMG_0969s.jpg

I was the only person brave enough to hit it, in the condtions. But here's some very sketchy skinny action.
http://www.6thelement.net/bike/MVI_0968.wmv

Back
Top Bottom