D

DANSPANK

YTC - thanks for the directions!

Mike, see ya tomorra.

Anyone else joining?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
8:30 tomorrow am? hmmm. maybe if i don't drink 40 beers tonight i'll join ya. my sis in in town from CHI so...

but if i'm not there by 8:35 roll w/o me.

D

DANSPANK

I can do an afternoon ride but can't make the morning unfortunately.

D

DANSPANK

I met Mike this morning for my first trip into Deer Park. I love that place! It seems to have a little bit of everything in there; flowy single track on firm soil, a couple of rock gardens, some wooden bridges (16" across so they don't qualify as skinnies!), water bars to jump off of, log rollers, all kinds of stuff. The hills aren't too bad at all. All-in-all a great ride. Thanks for sherparing Mike, great pace and a nice tour!

Mike needed to leave after 16 miles and a couple of hours so I turned around and did the white loop one more time.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3759740

Great place!

Mike679

how were the conditions there after all of the rain?

Conditions were actually quite good, save for a few spots that were soft. I guess I would describe the trails as "wet" and a tad slick. Not sure what they're looking like after last night's deluge, though.

Good riding w/ Dan yesterday. The heat was not too oppressive (humudity was a different story) in the morning. Was thinking of the guys at the 24 Hour while I was out and about yesterday when the temperatures peaked and I was breaking a sweat getting in and out of the car.

Mike

Last edited:

crashcanipe

Danspank - that was a ride!

I love Deer Park but I was exhausted just following your ride on the Motionbased Player. Nice job, especially with the humidity we had yesterday!
Barry

crashcanipe

Danspank - I followed your lead at Deer Park

Danspank,

I'm training for the Vermont 50 and love to ride Deer Park. Your ride convinced me I could string enough loops together to keep it interesting and get 3+ hours of riding in. I sketched the order of your loops on a piece of paper before I headed out since I liked how you and the guy you rode with hit all the pieces of the trail in both directions. I also added in two sections right off the edge of the parking lot that were added in the past year or two. Not many people seem to ride them but they are really cool singletrack sections.

I've attached my Garmin connection.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3822261

Thanks.
Barry

D

DANSPANK

Nice job! Glad you liked the ride! Perhaps I'll see you out there next time!

Top Bottom