Sunday 7/24 - Mercer County Park - 10 a.m.

C

CD1134

Instead of hitting Alamuchy or Kitt on Saturday, I'm heading to Mercer County Park on Sunday. Gerard, Jay, Richie and I had a rippin' good time when we were last there. Trail entrance is by the lake (or pond - I can't remember what they call it - it's the only body of water, though). Meet in the parking lot there.

M

mike240se

I would consider this, but coming home from down the shore on a sunday afternoon on july is just a recipe for sitting in sunday shore traffic, I sit in so much traffic during the week that I just can't deal on the weekends... Hope you have fun though.

C

CD1134

Probably won't be able to sway you, but Mercer Cty. is really far inland, so you probably wouldn't hit traffic/share highways with shore-goers. Plus, any beach folk would probably be returning from the shore later than 12 or 1 o'clock, the time we'll be wrapping up the ride.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Oh man.. this place is such a blast! I wanna go again but I agree with Mike on the traffic issue. We hit a TON of it coming back on the turn pike last time. I have to take another look at the map and see if there is a better way of getting there.

M

mike240se

I would be down for a later ride, next time you ride there in the afternoon let me know.... Besides the traffic issue, I dont ride in the morning... long story..

C

CD1134

You might think about taking 287S to Somerville, then 206S through Princeton. You'd be going right through my hometown so I could meet you and you could follow me. From Morris, you're probably talking an hour or an hour and ten minutes.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
CD1134 said:
You might think about taking 287S to Somerville, then 206S through Princeton. You'd be going right through my hometown so I could meet you and you could follow me. From Morris, you're probably talking an hour or an hour and ten minutes.

You're in Hillsborough, right? How long does it take you to get there from your house and where would you want to meet up?

Oh yeah and what time is the ride kicking off and what time would you wanna meet up on 206?

-jay

C

CD1134

I live just a couple of miles from 206, so we could meet at the Dunkin Donuts at the intersection of New Amwell Rd. & 206 (it's in Hillsborough about 10 mi. south of the 206/287 junction - there's a Getty station at the intersection too, for reference). We should meet at about 9:30 if we want to ride at 10. Let me know.

gerard

I am down for this ride, its been a while it feels. Since jay wont come pick me up I have to figure something out.... :lol:

Jason

JORBA.ORG
CD1134 said:
I live just a couple of miles from 206, so we could meet at the Dunkin Donuts at the intersection of New Amwell Rd. & 206 (it's in Hillsborough about 10 mi. south of the 206/287 junction - there's a Getty station at the intersection too, for reference). We should meet at about 9:30 if we want to ride at 10. Let me know.

Okay, I'm shooting for 9:30 AM at the above mentioned Dunkin Donuts. Tomorrow is going to be a blast!

C

CD1134

Awesome!! BTW the Dunkin Donuts we'll meet at is not a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins. There are a couple along 206.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Took a little long to get there but at least there was no traffic. I wish we could find some of the trails from last time but still had a blast.

C

CD1134

I had a great time. We have to hit a brand new place one of these days, though.

Top Bottom