Sunday 4/20 Trail Day!

dirty bert

Banned
Timberrrrrrrrr

How's the knot on your head??

man that hurt, i got hit twice in the head with the same damn tree!!!!

my headache ended sometime yesterday. i'm wearing my bike helmet next time we work out there.

did yer dlw, i mean kathleen, like the new trails we made?

dirty bert

Banned
eerie

You ever make it out to the rutgers ecological preserve? I really want to bring that place back to what it was, I'm sure a lot of the kids from school would be willing to help :getsome:

i rode there twice, about 7 years ago. i liked the trails but it was eerie seeing men hike in jeans and dress shoes in the woods. i'm down, (no pun intended) to help there but other things need to get cleaned up there as well.

~db

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
rode the new stuff bright and early before work....started when it was just light enough and in the twistys I could barely see. The new sections are excellent and feel good already. I rode from 27, out the red, out the new trail on the canal side and looped back. Still too many logs on that section and I still can't find my flow...going towards the canal seemed faster, maybe because I am regular footed?

Overall the trails are almost perfect, the morning dew left the trails the perfect tackiness. Fast and tacky, doesn't get much better at 6 Get out there!

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5488854

Props to the trail crew on Sunday!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
More to come..

I am glad that you got out to try the new sections. I have another one in mind too. I have been doing some good off trail scouting in search of some new lines. I am not sure that I will get it done before the next trail day or not. I just got a BOB ibex trailer so it is much easier to get out there with the right tools.

Next week we will be doing a few early AM trail work days if anyone can come along. I want to regrade all the new stuff and rebuild a bunch of the blown out berms.

JORBA just gave me a ton of new tools so I am really good to go now.

J_

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Next week we will be doing a few early AM trail work days if anyone can come along. I want to regrade all the new stuff and rebuild a bunch of the blown out berms.
J_

I will get out one of the these days..work is calming down a bit so I can get out with some flex time....

Sircrashalot

man that hurt, i got hit twice in the head with the same damn tree!!!!

my headache ended sometime yesterday. i'm wearing my bike helmet next time we work out there.

Wear the full face road helmet!!!!!! Sleeping during the circle of death speech, werentcha!

dirty bert

Banned
Hmmmmmm. dont remember seeing you at the last one......some lame business about family stuff was your excuse I think? ........joker!!!:getsome:

YO!!!!! i had the flu, ya joker!
at least i can say, last season i have gone to 3 different parks TM.

change yer name to Sir bikes not often ;)

~db

p.s. sell yer bike!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
rode yesterday, early while it was lightly raining and everything was good. The new sections are getting work in damn well for only being there a week.

In the section, maybe a 1/8 mile after the first bridge, (when you go back into the woods and the trail turns left and before the switchbacks) there was an annoying 3" dia pine tree that fell across the trail back in the winter. Someone tried to move it off the trail since Friday but the stump was stuck and they left it at a 45 degree angle toward the sky, making it impossible to ride past. I properly removed it well off the trail and all the debris around it. If you are going to move something, do it right!

I also removed one of the 28 logs from the new canal side trail and added some logs to the one log that peaked at the top (this log is really decayed and should probably be removed at some point. There is only one section where I think one or two logs can come out and then that section will be good. There is 3 logs within maybe 30' and within an S turn. Looks like it will take an axe or chainsaw to get them out.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions