Sunday - 2/1/09

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
I totally agree with mattybfat. I've been riding the Tourne almost every other day. Tuesday was very icy and a slow go but what a great tech/balance practice day. I was so psyched to have made it to the top of the tourne (east/switchback side)with all of the ice without a dab. And yesterday was such a workout. Hardly any foot traffic mid week to pack down the snow. Even flats were an effort to plow through. The snow was very hard and dry and would just crush under the tires, kinda like riding on styrofoam. My 10 mile ride took 1hr47m. Slow pace, but hard effort.

mudhoney

Wawayanda

Went to Wawayanda this morning. Was like riding through quicksand in some spots-several inches of snow. Good workout though. Good traction on the car tracks on the fire roads, only a couple of spills. Beautiful weather!

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
road

stayed away from trails today did 30mile on road bike South Amboy down rt34 into Colts Neck and back...haven't got on that thing since cold set it. lots of salt rocks and pot holes but fun ride(notasfunasdirt)

R

rltrock

Lewis Morris Conditions

All snow and ice. As the afternoon progressed, snow got heavy and ice got crunchy. Do-able, but sketchy wo studs. No prob w studs. Quite a workout through the heavy stuff.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I need to get studs...

...and maybe some road slicks. Studs are good, and mine have gotten some use this year, but there are still limitations. ...like more than 6 inches of snow, melting snow, mud and freeze/thaw. I've had my studs eight years and some years I do not use them at all.

Not nearly as fun as the trails, but adventure can be found riding on the road, especially in northern NJ. This weekend, I was riding up by Nyak, overlooking the Tappanzee bridge. It was beautiful, and lots of cyclist out riding. Great for your fitness too.

Top Bottom