Summer MTB Camps/Trips for Middle Schoolers?

AndrewGelman

We sent our older daughter on an Overland road biking trip, but our 7th grade son might be interested in a mountain biking summer experience. Anyone have any experience with any well run programs with 1-3 week mountain biking camps or trips? Any help you can provide is most appreciated!

Robin

I used to co-run the mountain bike camp out of Mo-Beard. Myself and other guy are no longer doing it - but it appears to be running - even though they haven't updated the instructors page in two years. It runs on a weekly basis - with drop off and pick up in Morristown.

If you are looking for more adventure, perhaps Highland in NH.

AndrewGelman

Thanks. Wondering if there's a travel camp like Overland out there or am I just hoping for something that doesn't exist? Highlands looks great. The Mo-Beard thing looks built for a younger cohort (or maybe I am reading that incorrectly)?

Robin

Thanks. Wondering if there's a travel camp like Overland out there or am I just hoping for something that doesn't exist? Highlands looks great. The Mo-Beard thing looks built for a younger cohort (or maybe I am reading that incorrectly)?
Mo-Beard is ages 10-14.

thanniel

My 10 years old son did a week at Killington last year. It's for downhill only but he had a great time and became much more confident in riding jumps and technical trails. The camp was well run and had kids with various skill levels and ages from all over the country. I also enjoyed the bike park there. Definitely one of the best in the north east. We are going back for a week this year.

Mountain Creek and Windham in NY also run weekend camps during summer. Haven't seen their schedules for this year yet. Again they are both for downhill.

I am also planning to send my son to the program at Morristown Beard this year for a couple weeks. Just saw the change in instructors in the post above. Hopefully it's still as good as before.

Top Bottom