Suggestion for ride Sunday morning.

Stocky

Myself and two friends are looking for somewhere to ride tommorro morning at 6am for about 2 hrs or so.
We're rookies at this , we went from Speedwell to Whitehead road up the hill down to LM and back up 24 to Whitehead last week.

So we rode almost entirely flat terrain.

We'd like a suggestion for something a bit more challenging.

Can we get into LM tommorro at 6am ?
Also I think there is a race there tommorro , can we ride if there is a race or race prep going on ?

We need a little newbie guidance

Someone suggested somewhere in Jefferson, but I didn't see it listed in "Martys" places to ride . What could he be talking about ? ( remember we're clueless to ride locations)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
are you looking for a road ride or a mtb?

if mtb, you can get into LM but you'll have to park on the lot on Rte 24 across from the pond. the race isn't until next weekend.

there will be a lot of folks out and about there tomorrow. two groups that i know of from here and likely a bunch of others.

Last edited:

Stocky

are you looking for a road ride or a mtb?

if mtb, you can get into LM but you'll have to park on the lot on Rte 24 across from the pond. the race isn't until next weekend.

there will be a lot of folks out and about there tomorrow. two groups that i know of from here and likely a bunch of others.

Jake, we're gonna Mtn Bike, sorry I didn't specify. ( I thought this was strictly a Mtn Bike site ) .

No idea where the pond is , but we'll find our way !

Ok, Cool that the race is next weekend.

Look for 4 guys who look like they really should be home in bed, not out riding at 6am.

Shaggz

A strong 7
this is a MTB site, but, jake asked because this is the roadie forum. i will move your post to Rides, Races & Events...

Stocky

Thanks Shaggz, I didn't realize it posted in the wrong location.
I'm still getting familiar with the site.

thanks again.

Shaggz

A strong 7
don't let it happen again :getsome: :D. The Tourne is another good option for a future ride. It is pretty user friendly...

Stocky

Guys we actually found are way to Mahlon this morning and had a great time. Definately a challenging ride. We had to walk it up some hills as well as down a few.Some were just a bit to rocky and technical for a bunch of rookies.

We went in with the lake to our left and continued for a while, went thru the concrete thingys that are on either side of the trail. Came upon another lake to our left, rode a trail pretty close to that shore line. At the end of the second lake we went left and climbed the hill that took us across the power lines and kept going until we realized that we were still climbing and it seemed like we were heading just a bit farther out than we wanted to be.
So we turned back back and retraced our path.

We had a BLAST !

any pointers for navigating the rocks on a downhill.

Should it be somewhat slow with your weight shifted back , sort of with your ass hanging over the seat ?

Top Bottom