Subie Talk

JerseyPete

We had a 4 cyl Forester and a 6 cyl Outback. The Forester never gave us any problems. It is a pretty tame car compared to other models. The 6 in the Outback had a number of problems.

one piece crank

Can you disable the OTA diaganositcs in a '22 Crosstrek? Living in a city and driving on weekends, my son has an issue with battery drain. So, we are trying to ID circuits that could be activating periodically throughout the week and Subaru Starlink came up. Car is currently at a dealer for parasitic draw evaluation

Robson

Can you disable the OTA diaganositcs in a '22 Crosstrek? Living in a city and driving on weekends, my son has an issue with battery drain. So, we are trying to ID circuits that could be activating periodically throughout the week and Subaru Starlink came up. Car is currently at a dealer for parasitic draw evaluation
I think you need better battery. Subaru have a lot of issues with batteries lately.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
modern connected cars kill a battery much faster than in the past as those modules are constantly pulling power, my wifes car with the app connectivity for remote start ect shuts those down after some set amount of idle time probably to prevent just this from happening. It may not be anything wrong and just that its not being driven enough, if he has access to power where he parks i would suggest a battery maintainer for it to prevent the error.

Robson

With so much electronics there is always parasitic draw. Contact SOA directly and tell them that battery died. Ask them to reimburse you for new one. Buy the best you can. This happened to me and others on Subaru Ascent.
I don't remember what battery i bought but it wasn't cheap one. They paid for it and sent me a gift as well.
SOA knows they have battery issues. Dealer will not help you much and in best case scenario will replace the battery with the same OEM battery.

one piece crank

Thanks for the replies. FWIW, he parks on the street, so no access to power. I'll wait for the dealer's prognosis before taking the next step. And fingers crossed, hopefully it doesn't start when he picks it up.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
if the dealer doesnt find anything you could look into something like this for him. throw it on the dashboard and plug it in during the week, may help, may not never had to try anything like it myself.
Amazon product

should also make sure he has some sort of jumperpack or jumper cables so hes not left for dead if it gets worse.

one piece crank

I got him a jumper pack, but he shouldn't need to rely on that with a new car. I suspect I'll have to do a parasitic drain test myself, then an appen-Tech-tomy, and finally a better/appropriate battery.

That solar thing is interesting. I know VW used to put them in cars for the ocean transit.

Top Bottom