Stuck seat post

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Start by taking the clamp off so you have easy access, then proceed to spray PB blaster into the non-existent space between where the post slides into the frame. Let it sit there and try to do it's work and repeat a few times throughout the day. Try a little bit of twisting at the end of the day and see if it worked its' magic. If not, grab a pipe wrench or channel locks and grab the post just above the collar and put some force into a slight twist back and forth. If none of this works, there are more drastic options like adding heat or cutting the seatpost off and then cutting a slit into it from the inside, but try to avoid those.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's a penetrating oil. You can also try WD40 or Liquid Wrench as well, just tape a towel or something around the frame's seat tube so it doesn't drip down. Not sure if any of them will damage your paint, but you definitely don't want oils on your brakes, etc.

Mr.Moto

Thanks. What is PB blaster?

It's a type of penetrating oil like Liquid Wrench. Also, if you have the frame torn down, you can turn the frame upside down, spray some through the bottom bracket opening into the seat tube. Clamp the seat post in a vice and use the frame as your leverage to loosen frame from seat post.

paa29

The same thing happened to me, my dad and I just rubbed lemons a couple times to get the juices from that on the seat post and after a little while of pulling on it, we managed to get it out. Sounds crazy but it works!

gtluke

The Moped
IMAG0156.jpg

njmark

Professional Cyclist
I'll second the Kroil lubricant. We use it at work and its IMO better than the blue can stuff.

Top Bottom