Strollers?

M_Nelson

Hi everyone, I stepped in to ask, whether any of you uses those bike strollers? If so, which one and what are your impressions? What you kike and what sucks about your stroller?
I have reviewed dozens of strollers within $200 - $1000 budget and cannot decide on which to select. For now, Thule are those that I believe I will be selecting between. Yet, wanted to step in and ask real opinions of real people, you know. Thanks!

ilnadi

we used Burley 2-seater, which I used until the kids were too big to fit in and loved it.

We bought the stroller conversion but to be honest the stroller conversion got used very little. One issue is bike strollers extend in the back (below where the handles are) for cargo space. You can walk with them but if you run you keep kicking the trailer.

BTW, if you are interested in a used one you can come look at it, PM me.

BPaze

I have the Thule Urban Glide 2 which is great and I love, but we also have another stroller, can't remember the brand. It is actually a pretty high end one that we got from a relative which is also great. I will get the brand and model for you tonight. We use that one for travel since it is narrower and smaller and the Thule is great for walks jogs and hikes. My son is a big boy 34 in and 32 lbs at 17 months and the Thule is a good size for him, he is kinda outgrowing the other normal stroller and can't nap in it well anymore.

The Kalmyk

My advise would be to find a used Chariot with the bike adapter! If you can't find one then look into the Thule- it was easier for them to buy Chariot vs. competeing against them!

de00304

I have a burley solo (1 seater) with the stroller conversion wheels. The Solo is great as a trailer, but I only used it as a stroller once or twice, so the conversion wheels weren’t worth the money. I used a regular citymini GT stroller instead.

Mr.Moto

+1 on the Chariot carriers. I had one and it was great. They are very well built with lots of great features and hold their value. I got one off ebay that was like new. My wife used it almost daily as a stroller. Converts easily to bike duty or jogger. Used it until it was outgrown and easily sold it for a good price.

ilnadi

Thanks for replying, folks. Thule Chariot - that's the one https://www.recreationid.com/thule/thule-chariot-cross-stroller-532355362.html ?
They are quite expensive, I must say. At least when compared to the other Thule strollers, which are between $300 and $400. So you are saying it's worth its money?

@ilnadi , can the 2-seater you've got be used for 1 kid only? I mean, will it be stable enough? What do you think?
yes, the shoulder straps can be rearranged so the lone kid sits in the middle. when my son was going to daycare with my wife I used it for a year to take my daughter to school by herself.

The Kalmyk

+1 on the Chariot carriers. I had one and it was great. They are very well built with lots of great features and hold their value. I got one off ebay that was like new. My wife used it almost daily as a stroller. Converts easily to bike duty or jogger. Used it until it was outgrown and easily sold it for a good price.

Can be used for XC sking as well! Pretty cool option for the 1%

The Kalmyk

Thanks for replying, folks. Thule Chariot - that's the one https://www.recreationid.com/thule/thule-chariot-cross-stroller-532355362.html ?
They are quite expensive, I must say. At least when compared to the other Thule strollers, which are between $300 and $400. So you are saying it's worth its money?

@ilnadi , can the 2-seater you've got be used for 1 kid only? I mean, will it be stable enough? What do you think?

Very nice seat design offers a way more enjoyable experience for your priceless cargo!

Top Bottom