Strictly METAL

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thoughts on the New All That Remains?

I think its a step backwards from"The Fall of Ideals"

And the New Opeth (Watershed) is insane. These guys get better and better. You cant really appreciate them until you see them live and they sound like they are in the studio .. So tight....

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i havnt gotten a chance to hear the new ATR just yet. the fall of ideals was a pretty solid record. ill have check out the new one for sure though.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The new ATR sounds alot like Shadows Fall to me... but not in a good way

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
shadows fall has always been a band that i have really enjoyed. even back in the day when they were only playing smaller hardcore shows and stuff

Mike679

Arsis, anyone?

Hear a lot of them on XM's metal station. Good technical-type metal. Not sure I would call it progressive, but worth a listen either way.

gtluke

The Moped
meh
generic post hardcore. and then throw in some generic nu-metal singing shit. blah
when you say strictly metal, i figure you would mean something that doesn't include MTV shoulder moshing.
like At The Gates, i saw them this year. out fucking ragous. too bad their last "new" album i bought on cassette. hahaha
-luke-

walter

Fourth Party
meh
generic post hardcore. and then throw in some generic nu-metal singing shit. blah
when you say strictly metal, i figure you would mean something that doesn't include MTV shoulder moshing.
like At The Gates, i saw them this year. out fucking ragous. too bad their last "new" album i bought on cassette. hahaha
-luke-

I agree with Luke. Metal isnt metal anymore, once Hot Topic started sponsoring shows and the kids with the flat brims showed up it all went to shit.

sixseven

Possiby an easy rule of thumb for metal bands: if the name has more that 2 words or a preposition in the name it is going to be nu or post.
To me those bands are like taco bell formula, 5 basic ingredients assembled in however many combinations an album allows.
Metal isnt metal anymore true, its going thru another acid wash phase again.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Possiby an easy rule of thumb for metal bands: if the name has more that 2 words or a preposition in the name it is going to be nu or post.
To me those bands are like taco bell formula, 5 basic ingredients assembled in however many combinations an album allows.
Metal isnt metal anymore true, its going thru another acid wash phase again.

Between the buried and me. 5 words, 2 prepositions, possibly the best (metal) band in the world:D

-Jim.

gtluke

The Moped
i fucking love jim vreeland
:leghump:
when my girlfriend graduated college like 5 years ago i bought her a gibson SG as a graduation present. she was so grateful that she learned a between the buried and me song for me (more of myself to kill) and got me their t-shirt for my birthday :love:

i'll have to argue with you on the best metal band in the world. i'm going with 7angels7plagues. they are ungodly bad ass and talented. they are on my list of "stranded on a desert island with 3 cd's list"
SOMEDAY!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3csApYOfMmw
youtube bad quality

the good quality mp3:
http://www.gtluke.com/music/02-Someday-7_Angels_7_Plagues-Jhazmynes_Lullaby.mp3

gtluke

The Moped
oh here you guys will get a kick out of this. i totally forgot.
i make dumb websites like this when insomnia kicks in.
ID the bands and death.
www.deadonthefloor.com

i need to update it with a few more scenes.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
if you are into 7A7P, you should check out Misery Signals. they are ex members of 7A7P and a band called Compromise. compromise was on tour and had a terrible accident and lost a few of the band members in it. i was aquaintances with one of the guitarists that died named Jordan. If you are familiar with them youll know the song "the year this summer ended in june", its about the accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqRkYBTCv3Y

gtluke

The Moped
i've tried like 5 times to get into misery signals. i want so bad to be able to follow the 7a7p members but i just can't get into it.
i did manage to be part of a group of people that separately were harassing some old merch guy from 7a7p and got him to run another batch of 7a7p shirts. i bought 3 :D

i'm still mourning the death of all else failed. i think for the 3rd time now. hahaha the singer moved to california. fucking guy.
i once face tackled him over a set of drums. i pretty much got a private show when they played some tiny club in montclair and apparently didn't tell anyone. the drummer they used for this never happened was from the tony danza tapdance extravaganza. their first album is great, but i can't stand the new one.

speaking of cheesy metal, haha i think the highlight of my adult life was about 4 years ago the red chord played cbgb's. probably the most brutal show i've seen in my life. during lamb of god i think i saw 2 people get knocked out cold. i was standing on a bar table clinging to pipes in the ceiling.
anyway during the last song of the red chord they get to the end chorus and the entire floor rushes the stage, pulls the singer off and does a pile on on the floor to sing the chorus with him. i'm standing off to the side and notice while this is going on that he dropped the mic on the stage and everyone is screaming into his eyeballs or something on the floor. i jump on the stage, and scream the last verse of the last chorus.
ITS NOT GUNNA BE ALL RIGHT, AND ITS NOT GUNNA BE OKAY!
and jumped off into a pile of people.
the singer patted me on the back and said "thanks"
probably the coolest thing ever.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
meh
like At The Gates,......
-luke-

its evolution - deal with it. All these Genre's and labels.. whats the point? Your holding onto the past man...

Ill listen to my chimaira, candiria, five finger death punch, lamb of god, VOD, and maybe even a little God Forbid. Its all Metal...

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Ill listen to my chimaira, candiria, five finger death punch, lamb of god, VOD, and maybe even a little God Forbid. Its all Metal...

Is there any actual singing in any of these bands or is it just more of the "Cookie Monster with his hand caught in the blender" screaming/croaking? :confused: Seems like a requirement, probably since Pantera's "Great Southern Trendkill", and that singing is taboo for some reason. :(

eg. - I like Lamb of God for the most part and then the "vocals" kick in :( makes it hard to listen to a song or two...

gtluke

The Moped
its evolution - deal with it. All these Genre's and labels.. whats the point? Your holding onto the past man...

its not evolution, its watering down and "k-rock'ing" of metal.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The problem is some people hate when their favorite band gets popular. They cant stand when that band that they followed since they were playing in some ratskeller dive bar makes it big. If that band actually sold a bunch of albums and ended up on some chart, they would disown them.

Top Bottom