Strictly METAL

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm certain there is nothing heavier on the planet than Infant Annihilator. This album is amazing from cover to cover.

The riff at 2:59 followed by the throwndown riffs is insane, it just keeps getting HEAVIER!!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Hopefully High On Fire needs no introduction here, but I wanted to post De Vermis Mysteriis in honor of the motivation it provided me yesterday while I was brutalizing myself on the bike. This is battle music for me.

Steve Vai

New Enterprise Earth dropped today. It has all the things, like guitars tuned to the brown note and guys yelling a lot.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
New Enterprise Earth dropped today. It has all the things, like guitars tuned to the brown note and guys yelling a lot.

you got any groups in the black metal genre with minimal "yelling" ?
i know - i'm a ...... but it detracts from the upside-down guitar riffs and machine gun drums.

Captain Brainstorm

you got any groups in the black metal genre with minimal "yelling" ?
i know - i'm a ...... but it detracts from the upside-down guitar riffs and machine gun drums.

Here, try this. There is “yelling”, but also clean vocals, but don’t get hung up on this or else you’ll miss the forest through the trees. Opeth makes music that ebs, flows, moves, and has melody. It pummels, yet caresses. Start with this:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

remember venom cause i'm old! wouldn't have pulled them up on my own tho.
need a little more energy. while i'm def a classic rock & new wave guy (cause 80s),
i was listening to VOD, Downset, Type O Negative - more mainstream maybe..

This was awesome - like a journey. Some classic styles in there, with a punch in the face.
Thanks Cap't

Here, try this. There is “yelling”, but also clean vocals, but don’t get hung up on this or else you’ll miss the forest through the trees. Opeth makes music that ebs, flows, moves, and has melody. It pummels, yet caresses. Start with this:

Steve Vai

remember venom cause i'm old! wouldn't have pulled them up on my own tho.
need a little more energy. while i'm def a classic rock & new wave guy (cause 80s),
i was listening to VOD, Downset, Type O Negative - more mainstream maybe..

This was awesome - like a journey. Some classic styles in there, with a punch in the face.
Thanks Cap't

VOD was my favorite band when they came out. Of course back then I was in a hardcore band and played a lot of the same shows. I saw Downset once and it was amazing, still have the first album in rotation.

walter

Fourth Party
VOD were big in that second wave of the New York Hardcore scene. Then they got like, super big and sorta mainstream. Then they just disappeared. Saw them about 3 years ago with Indecision and Etown. It was fun.
The first Downset album is incredible. That song "holding hands" is one of my all time favorite jams.

walter

Fourth Party
Speaking of annihilating infants, decapitating cows and destroying pigs, I'll be at Starland Thursday the 18th for Dying Fetus and Whitechapel. Sure to be a good time.

The bands I mean, not me.

Top Bottom