Stream crossing by S Middlebush

I vote for an old skool ferry, complete with a hooded old man at the rudder.

Then we could keep our feet dry and hum Chris de Burgh tunes....

Man, I'm proud of myself for this post:p

I vote for an old skool ferry, complete with a hooded old man at the rudder.

Then we could keep our feet dry and hum Chris de Burgh tunes....

Man, I'm proud of myself for this post:p

I vote for Charon the Ferryman from Clash of the Titans...

That film kicks booty...

Last edited:
Probably better than a raging river?

It was since it was 15 degrees during that ride :D

That was the ride where I dipped my rear wheel above the axle in the little step down between fields on the red trails and my brake caliper froze, that was a first.

i took one last year and then did some bushwacking. It is a wet area but could become a muddy section of trail.

I took it last week, all the way to the road. I threw my bike over the fence and kept riding.
Watch the cars.

My wife and I rode on Sunday 11/9 and the water was above the step stones. I coasted across without pedaling but still got my feet wet. My wife tried to follow the lead of some guys who tip-toed across on a narrow tree that was across the stream nearby, but the guys were too heavy and they got their feet wet anyway and my wife (who is an acrobat, among other things) fell in!

ferryman'.jpg

Water Crossing

When it's 20 degrees out and you want to stay dry, this works out really well.
You can get 2 dry sacks (used to keep clothes, etc dry during backpacking trips) at EMS (Sea to Summit brand, 13 liter medium weight). They are about 15 bucks each.
They pack up very small into a Camelback. Whip 'em out, place them over your feet and fasten the buckle just below your knee. Across you go, nice and dry. Remove on the other side and toss them back across for other riders in your group to share. Smile as you stay dry.:D
They are fairly durable (MUCH more that trying this with garbage bags) on the rocky bottom. They fit just fine over my size 10 Lake winter shoes.
You may feel a bit dorky but it is an easy solution.

Yea what are you worried about wet feet for? Monday I completely submerged my feet in the icy death stream and emerged victorious! Or I was dry. But I felt victorious!

I need to go back to sleep.:confused:

Yea what are you worried about wet feet for? Monday I completely submerged my feet in the icy death stream and emerged victorious! Or I was dry. But I felt victorious!

I need to go back to sleep.:confused:

Shimano Gore Tex Shoes are good that way!!

i busted out 2 plastic bags and electric tape before the stream crossing...
cost me all of about 25cents and my feet were dry all day...

I may never get to try these methods out if the weather keeps on going like this...I was hoping for a nice freeze for the weekend until we hit the 50's :confused:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions