Stream crossing by S Middlebush

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
I usually just get a full head of steam and hop it. Sure I do. Really.

Lacking that, waterproof shoes and the half pedal are the way to go.

This topic has been discussed for a few years now - apparently there are significant issues with building a bridge (e.g. - designated as a "sensitive area" by parks dept, massive flooding tendency, etc.)

A zip line may work, though....pack some carabiners, clip in, and you're good to go.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
url

OR

ben_crosses_the_line.jpg

OR

_93655_bellamy_on_bike_300.jpg

OR

GroetzenTallesBike.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
this crossing is probably a good 6" deeper than last winter...I am impressed that jdog can make it through without any wet feet...

Glancing Aft

Or... Does anyone have access to a piledriver? Just place 6 or so piles and build a dock. The DEP doesn't have to know...

... the natural timber bridge on the new trail is awesome... why couldn't something like that be created at the Middlebush crossing? The right tree.... chainsaw..... few guys.... some nails and boards... hmmm hmmmm..... and badda bing.... natural bridge...

Maybe even anchor it down to hold it in place during the rainy season...

You're right.... tunnel is the best solution....

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
There may be a bridge there at some point. There was one like you described in the past.. A log at least. It was washed away.. This is a heavy flood spot.

... the natural timber bridge on the new trail is awesome... why couldn't something like that be created at the Middlebush crossing? The right tree.... chainsaw..... few guys.... some nails and boards... hmmm hmmmm..... and badda bing.... natural bridge...

Maybe even anchor it down to hold it in place during the rainy season...

You're right.... tunnel is the best solution....

MrWebby

be prepared...

Feet in plastic bags and some tape. Just don't clip in :D Save bags. Dispose of properly.

BiknBen

Maybe even anchor it down to hold it in place during the rainy season.

Next time you are there, stand on the bank and imagine water rushing over your head. It can be that bad at times. Mother Nature would laugh at your natural bridge.

I'm all for your idea but we would have to do it again and again. :(

Mr_T

When it's really cold I typically wear my chest waders, otherwise hipboots when it's just cool outside.

Gregg

Start further back from the stream edge build a incline ramp up to about 15' then some north shore skinnies with a teter in the middle over the stream(there has to be a price to pay) then a 8' drop back down to terra firma or you could just ride through like everyone else. This is mountain biking not high tea with the Queen.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
There's a deer trail off to the left that I tried to follow out to the road last week, it didn't work, but it could. I'm gonna explore it a little more to see how close I can get.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
There's a deer trail off to the left that I tried to follow out to the road last week, it didn't work, but it could. I'm gonna explore it a little more to see how close I can get.

i took one last year and then did some bushwacking. It is a wet area but could become a muddy section of trail.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions