Strava vs Garmin Instinct watch

Ron

I should also add that I do not have these 2 devices connected because of how off the Garmin watch has been in the past.

JDurk

Let’s pretend like I do not have a clue how to do that. How would I do that? I am going to google it also.
On the app, 3 dots upper right on your activity, then this.

Screenshot_20220521-184125_Strava.jpg

Last edited:

Ron

Are you using the altimeter in the watch or do you have it set to use the GPS data instead?
I do not know. I had the first Garmin for almost 2 years. Then the face broke and they replaced it. I will have to dig into that and get back to you.

Over the Bars

I do not know. I had the first Garmin for almost 2 years. Then the face broke and they replaced it. I will have to dig into that and get back to you.
If you don't know then the answer is the built in altimeter as that is the default for the Instinct. It is also the biggest downfall of the instinct because they poorly designed it and placed it underneath the watch and not on the side like all ghw higher end models. The readings get really screwed up because of it but you can change it to not use the altimeter and your data will be much more accurate

Reactions: Ron

Ron

If you don't know then the answer is the built in altimeter as that is the default for the Instinct. It is also the biggest downfall of the instinct because they poorly designed it and placed it underneath the watch and not on the side like all ghw higher end models. The readings get really screwed up because of it but you can change it to not use the altimeter and your data will be much more accurate
It is definitely is in a very bad location. I feel on the road bike it is way off. On the mtb is kinda off. But on runs it is not horrible. The sweat and skin folds over the front make it bad. Being this is a warranty watch from them I am going to let it run its course but will not buy another one. I did get 2 years out of the first one though.

On a side note I do love the vibrating alarm clock feature on it.

Top Bottom