Strava now giving out participation trophies

jklett

Yay, I got participation trophies too!
118832989.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a hard time not commenting on one when I see it. Maybe I’m just jealous I haven’t ridden a trail that much to get the award?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I have a hard time not commenting on one when I see it. Maybe I’m just jealous I haven’t ridden a trail that much to get the award?
they haven't rolled this out down in the south, but you best BELIEVE people gonna be getting shots fired at them when it pops up on the starva

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
they haven't rolled this out down in the south, but you best BELIEVE people gonna be getting shots fired at them when it pops up on the starva

i don’t think anyone is trying to be a “local legend”, at least none that I’ve commented on. But it’s still funny

Roadie

I think it depends on the segment. I would be impressed if someone rode fiddlers elbow 20 times in 90 days. I think this would be more meaningful if it worked more like a golf handicap. Taking the rolling average of your last 5 (or some other amount) attempts at a segment in the last 90 days.

ekuhn

How do I become the local legend when I've ridden this once. Serious flaws Strava. Serious Flaws.

Distance 2.3 miles, Total distance 6.8? That was like a 40 mile day. So confused.

1619618485829.png

Ian F

I'm wondering if there may be a glitch in the matrix. My ride today netted this:
1619661957981.png

Two laps at Neshaminy is about 10.4 miles. How it got 26,698.33 miles I have no idea...
Even more hilarious is my "average speed" of 15,385.6 MPH.
Most of the other data is roughly correct, although the graphs are out of whack. My average and max HR look to be about right for what I saw on the Bolt during the ride.

Edit: if you log into your account on a computer, there are more options. One of them corrects the distance - I'm assuming based on other data:
1619664454981.png

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Speaking of strava, this guy is the definition of a strava douche. I actually rode about 10 miles with this guy last year and he pretty much bragged about himself the whole time. He has joined every local strava club, even those dedicated to mountain bikers (and he never mountain bikes) just so he can be number one in the weekly standings. El douche!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/42930861

Top Bottom