Strava broke up with Relive

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I got emails from both Strava & Relive about this. Relive claims they rolled something out, Strava reacted to this, Relive rolled it back, and Strava effectively said they no longer want to be part of it.

I find it interesting. As @Patrick mentions they are likely stealing the idea.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I got emails from both Strava & Relive about this. Relive claims they rolled something out, Strava reacted to this, Relive rolled it back, and Strava effectively said they no longer want to be part of it.

I find it interesting. As @Patrick mentions they are likely stealing the idea.

ERSI has had track flyover forever - as has webglearth. The only thing stopping strava was the contract, not patented tech.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ERSI has had track flyover forever - as has webglearth. The only thing stopping strava was the contract, not patented tech.

The same aerial perspective as Relive?

I’m looking for an app to do that video with a gps route created in ridewithgps or something like that. Basically looking to make up a route and add pictures. Any idea how to do that?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Re

I’m looking for an app to do that video with a gps route created in ridewithgps or something like that. Basically looking to make up a route and add pictures. Any idea how to do that?
Relive supposedly still twerks with Garmin, so you may just need to link GarminConnect. I haven’t tried yet tho.

Patrick

Staff member

google earth connectivity?

https://support.google.com/earth/answer/183681?hl=en

webglearth?

https://htmlindex.tips/webglearth.org.html

contact relive and use their tech?
they have a premium tier - so they may look for data providers at the free level to feed their upgrade?

otherwise, no. i'm thinking about the clips where they would use google earth to show a golf course hole
(they are actually using stitched aerial photography. not sat imagery)

Patrick

Staff member

@rlb
@stb222

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I found relive to only be interesting if you did some sort of long wild ride. What I’m confused about is how they make money?

Patrick

Staff member
I found relive to only be interesting if you did some sort of long wild ride. What I’m confused about is how they make money?

for $11/mo

• HD videos
  • Control video speed
  • Import old activities
  • Edit. Anytime.
  • Add music
  • Get priority
  • Long activities
  • Interactive route

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

It’s a startup of 15 people so they’re probably not making money. They’re likely still operating on VC funds which won’t last too long if they don’t adjust to this setback in some way.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
for $11/mo

• HD videos
  • Control video speed
  • Import old activities
  • Edit. Anytime.
  • Add music
  • Get priority
  • Long activities
  • Interactive route
They are doing a bad job of advertising, I’ve had relive for years and never knew that. Not that I would have paid for it.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have no idea WTF Relive is, or what @Norm was asking about. So, I'm useless here!

Relive does this:

My question is along the lines of: suppose you wanted to do this with your vacation pics and drop them along your walking route but you didn’t record your walking route on the gps. How do I create that gps track and have some sort of time data?

I guess I could just try to upload a manually generated route.

Top Bottom