Storm King?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Alright I know it's not mtb'ing but trying to find places to take the kid for a pedal. Has anyone rode their bike there , google says you can byob(bring your own bike). Lmk ty

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
yes - there are some hills, but it is paved path for the most part - some well maintained dirt roads too.
it is very cool.

go with Duke Farms down this way - i think they are opening soon.
Loantaka Park has pavement
WIll keep thinking.

How's it going w/the new one?

rlb

Duke Farms is doing limited weekend entry, you need to reserve a pass online (free).

Second the Loantaka suggestion. Also check Duke Island Park in Bridgewater, great for the kid on a strider or in the trailer. Bonus for the brand new huge playground.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.5566443,-74.6654314,15z/data=!5m1!1e3
1617044158971.png

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Storm King and West Point are both pretty cool as far as scenery and whatnot. I've only ridden the road along the Hudson through both, but it's super cool.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I used to ride through Loantaka a lot. Its very family friendly, but it can get pretty crowded.

moose35

@DEEZ NUTS Saddle River County Park is a good place for the kids. Paved. No road crossings. The whole thing is about 15 miles but can easily be split into smaller sections. And there are at least 3 playgrounds that you'll pass to stop for a break.
And there are a few easy dirt paths that you could explore
Screenshot_20210329-181445_Drive.jpg

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I live very near Loantaka. Everything said above about it is true. Flat paved terrain (some dirt too), winds through the wood so is shady and not too hot on a sunny day, ice cream truck occasionally during summer, brand new playground. But...on a nice day it can get packed. There’s a lot at the pond that is smaller but not as well known since it’s off a small side street (Kitchell) so you could try that if the South Street lot is full.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oak Ridge Park in Clark is pretty cool. Used to be a golf course. Paved paths that meander around. Loantaka is closer though and maybe more scenic.

Top Bottom