Storm damage.

JDurk

Both locations, GCC and CCC, took a beating in the storms on Tuesday night. I was at GCC last night and the number of trees down is overwhelming in the small area I worked. I've seen pictures on FB of what CCC looks like. Amazing what 75mph straight line winds can do in such a short amount of time. I assume it goes without saying that riding is not possible at either until all is cleaned up.

Clean up times at both locations are being communicated on FB. If you are not FB and are available to help out, reply here. Chainsaws, handsaws, rakes and bodies are needed. Got a crew planning to be at GCC this evening, Thurs 7/25 starting around 4pm. CCC cleanup looks to be on Sat.

Summer Sizzler MTB race at GCC is on 7/12/15, so trying to get that cleaned up quick.

Not alot of traffic over in the Ceres Forum, but I've heard it didn't fare much better, maybe even worse.

Last edited:

BigDB67

Out of town this weekend otherwise I would help with the cleanup at CCC Saturday. Please update this if there will be additional work dates next week!

Rocks & Water

Yes, Ceres did take a bad beating. Some very big trees down in a good many places, forget about even riding the Roller coaster, it's bike and hike.

JDurk

The D&Q Summer Sizzler mountain bike race at Rowan College of Gloucester County has been cancelled and will not be postponed or rescheduled for this year. Per my conversation with a representative from the Facilities Department at the college: "After assessing the storm damage to the cross country trails in the woods, the woods are off limits until the trees and debris from the recent storm are cleaned up. It is not safe to be anywhere along those trails at this time."

I was not given any indication or prediction when the trails will re-open.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hackettstown (mooch park areas) got clobbered this afternoon trees down around town all over the place. Out of power and probably for a while. Funny part is I was working over at Cranberry lake area and didn't get the strength of the storm or the hail.

MikeP

CCC is completely cleared, big shout out to all who chipped in. There's a few spots of rerouting that occurred so just be aware a few spots are a bit different.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions