stolen roof rack taken off of my car!

arod745li

just putting this out there for people to know i have a 2011 honda civic sedan and i woke up yesterday to my friend texting me asking if i took my roof rack off of my car i then rush to the window and discover my roof thule roof rack was taken right off of my car even haveing been locked on the car i live in haledon between wayne and paterson just goes to show you cant have anything these days without people trying to steal it from you i hope who ever did this will one day have to work hard for nice things and then have some asshole come steal it from them so they know how i feel :cry: now i have to buy a hitch and use the hitch rack which i didnt want to go in that direction because i have a gary fisher superfly and a crash from the back and my carbon bike is done, so my question if anyone can help is there any other system other then a roof rack that mounts to the top of the car that is just as for protection incase an accident?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That sucks. Do you have homeowner's insurance? They may cover the loss (less your deductible).

Also, you win the prize for longest single-sentence post. Congrats!

arod745li

haha

I had to laugh at that one. That was pretty hilarious! Thanks for the info still waiting on the police report. Its good to know that in the end of all of this, I still won something.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It's actually very easy to take a Thule rack off, even locked, I may have done dozens already this year. A hitch is actually a tiny bit more secure only because it takes a bit longer to pop the lock and then unscrew the bolt.

Get something like a Thule Helium so you easily remove it sans tools and lock it in the car. I put one on our Yaris because my wife works in Jersey City and the rack need to come on/off.

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You have 2 options:

1. Buy the old style Utah rack that's worth like $8
2. The tiger option

Also, mad skills on the single sentence. Mad.

walter

Fourth Party
I got winded just reading that.

The odds of your Fisher breaking on its own are far greater than the odds of you being rear ended with the bike on the back.

:D

gtluke

The Moped
My boss rear ended someone on their way to CT on vacation with 2 bikes on the back. He gave them his business card and said to buy 2 new bikes when they got there and send him the bill.
He got introduced very rudely to how expensive bikes are :)

Pampa

Sorry to hear that. Probably not worth a lot now but at least they didn't take your rack WITH your bike on it :)

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Is the Trunk Monkey still around?

Sorry to hear about that, dude. Bad karma going his way.

robusto

That SUX! But at least your bike wasn't on it at the time.

I'm really sketched out about putting my bikes on one of thoes rear mounted racks. I know the odds of getting rear-ended is very low, but if it happens, the damage would most likely be total.

He got introduced very rudely to how expensive bikes are
Ha ha ha haha hahhahaha.

BiknBen

I'm really sketched out about putting my bikes on one of thoes rear mounted racks. I know the odds of getting rear-ended is very low, but if it happens, the damage would most likely be total.

The damage would be covered by the insurance of the driver that hit you!

Cars with bikes on top are often driven into garages or overhangs at drive-thrus and banks. I know numerous people that have done this including myself. It is like a right of passage for roof rack users. When this happens, the insurance co will laugh at you and you get nothing.

When I got rear-ended last year, there was $5K damage done to my car all paid for by someone else. I was annoyed that I had NOT taken a bike with me that day on my hitch rack. I missed an opportunity to get a new bike. ;)

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Cars with bikes on top are often driven into garages or overhangs at drive-thrus and banks. I know numerous people that have done this including myself. It is like a right of passage for roof rack users. When this happens, the insurance co will laugh at you and you get nothing.

+1:cry:

Top Bottom