Stokesville, Va Stoopid 50 MTB race April 25

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Only 78 people registered. Seems really lite considering the crowd at Rattling Creek and the 300+ registered for WTF.
Kinda weird the lower mileage ones barely have anyone, you would think those would have some popularity. Endurance is apparently an old persons game too

Last edited:

JDurk

Kinda weird the lower mileage ones barely have anyone, you would think those would have some popularity. Endurance is apparently and old persons game too
500+ registered for Sat. MASS Fair Hill race, 38 total in Endurance with 45+ being the largest group. https://www.bikereg.com/Confirmed/49536
Screenshot_20210421-191238_Chrome.jpg

Joe J

Kinda weird the lower mileage ones barely have anyone, you would think those would have some popularity. Endurance is apparently an old persons game too
This race never gets big #'s it's hard even the shorter versions so most riders are scared to do it. Wish I could go :(

Last edited:

gingertooth

What’s the history of why they don’t do this in State College anymore? Once I relearn to ride a MTB i need to get out this way again.due to local

From what I heard behind the scenes, the Trail mix didn't just come along. The promoter of the Trail mix was caught poaching the Stoopid 50 and was then trying to push the Stoopid race out. I bet Chris Scott from Stupid got tired of the nonsense and figured why go through the headaches in State College when he could put it on in his backyard in the Harrisonburg area.
You are exactly correct. Jealously got the best of this. Chris Scott has always been known to run the best races and we both know that from the past. He got tired of that shit and moved on to bigger and better places...

jdgang

Race report . DNF . This ride was no joke . I made it to the top of the first climb and just could not go on knowing I had to come back up. On top of that I made the mistake of making the left and took the tech dh back down. @Dave Taylor you where mentioned at the podium

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Race report . DNF . This ride was no joke . I made it to the top of the first climb and just could not go on knowing I had to come back up. On top of that I made the mistake of making the left and took the tech dh back down. @Dave Taylor you where mentioned at the podium
Ha, I DNF’d. First maxxis tire fail in a long time. I was top 10 at the top of the first climb then flatted going down dowels. 3 co2s, 2 darts, tubolito and 3 pumps couldn’t fix it. I wasted 40 min trying. Luckily a nice lad named Jack that works for Starlight Apparel was kind enough to drive me 17 miles back to the start.

Top Bottom