Sticky Announcement Thread!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
since i'm not the most tech savvy guy on earth, i didn't realize that people wouldn't be able to post on an annoucement. that said, lets start here. feel free to voice your thoughts, questions, concerns and comments. as i said, we want to hear from you, so....

Last edited:

PatrickBrown

the changes mentioned in the announcement sound great.

I hope to be a part of it. I'll definately fly the sites colors.

as for the race team..... ehh I'm too fat and out of shape for that, but anything is possible

walter

Fourth Party

as for the race team..... ehh I'm too fat and out of shape for that, but anything is possible

Pat, Im sure they could use cheerleaders

SpartaBard

Hey awesome stuff.

How about pub nights? We can drink beer and talk about bike stuff.

MTBNJ.com can even pick up the tab...:D

D

DANSPANK

You can really put this at the bottom of your list but if the site layout could be changed so that the menu items remain static and just the threads and messages scroll then that would be great. It's really minor so don't give it priority...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
or how about so that the bbcode is lowercase. that one would be able to type the code for quotes and images much easier/quicker. as obvious by my near complete lack of capitalization, i'm not a big fan of the shift key....

anrothar

entirely thrilled
and maybe install mind-reading software so that i don't actually have to type either. that would be great! :hmmm:

walter

Fourth Party
and maybe install mind-reading software so that i don't actually have to type either. that would be great! :hmmm:

If there was mind reading software here, I wouldnt be permitted to be here, and the authorities may be summoned.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's

me too. i'm not even close to on the race team.

Pat, Im sure they could use cheerleaders

we can always use them. no way anyone is getting skirts

Hey awesome stuff.

How about pub nights? We can drink beer and talk about bike stuff.

MTBNJ.com can even pick up the tab...:D

um, no. nice try though.

sean, i think i speak for everyone when i say that no one wants to know what really goes on in your mind. :D

great feedback though. lets keep patrick out of a tu-tu and this on topic.

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Where do I apply for the race team??? Just kiddin' :D

All great stuff!

How about some MTBNJ.COM T-shirts with our nickname/username on the back, that way if you spot somebody out there in the trails you know who we are?

And it doesn't have to be free, I don't mind spending a little $$ to support the site.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How about some MTBNJ.COM T-shirts with our nickname/username on the back, that way if you spot somebody out there in the trails you know who we are?

Perhaps it should be something more subtle, like a colored bracelet or sawing off your left hand.

You know with the various services that offer to print up shirts, you guys could really offer up a ton of different designs and colors. Really anyone who comes up with a design could send it to you guys and you could add it as an option on whatever shirt service you use, if that's the route you go. OTOH, those shirts are often really expensive so...I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where do I apply for the race team??? Just kiddin' :D

All great stuff!

And it doesn't have to be free, I don't mind spending a little $$ to support the site.

mtbnj.com t-shirts and stickers are already in the works. for this first run, we're most likely going to utilize the logo in it's current form...or some variation of it. after that we'll look at some different things and of course we'll want input from all of you.

btw, how do you find time to change your avatar so much? :D

Perhaps it should be something more subtle, like a colored bracelet or sawing off your left hand...I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

we toyed with this (the left hand thing) but it really impeeded front braking so we decided against it. my nephew has some extra WWE bracelets if you want 'em though, norm.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
we toyed with this (the left hand thing) but it really impeeded front braking so we decided against it. my nephew has some extra WWE bracelets if you want 'em though, norm.

Step into a slim jim!!!!

So over the years I have moderated any number of boards and one of the things we employed for a time on one was the penalty box. Basically if you did something to annoy people, or repeated the same shit over and over, or whatever we deemed worthy of it you were temporarily banned and your name was put into the penalty box for 24 hours or so. I don't think we need it here but it's was a funny idea. The people who got dropped there invariably went apeshit about it, more often than not leaving the site for good.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Step into a slim jim!!!!

So over the years I have moderated any number of boards and one of the things we employed for a time on one was the penalty box. Basically if you did something to annoy people, or repeated the same shit over and over, or whatever we deemed worthy of it you were temporarily banned and your name was put into the penalty box for 24 hours or so. I don't think we need it here but it's was a funny idea. The people who got dropped there invariably went apeshit about it, more often than not leaving the site for good.

norm, were you that little boy in the penalty box?**

that's a pretty funny idea actually. we could call it jake DNF box or something.

**ok, this is somewhat of an obscure reference, but if any of you can identify this movie i'll, um, i guess make sure you're congratulated. :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh no, I was one of the jerks that put people there.

No clue on the reference though.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
in the interest of this not degenerating into a 40 post debate, it's from 'one crazy summer' with bob(no longer "cat") goldtwhait.

"Let me tell you a story...

about a little fat boy that nobody loved...

and all the other kids, they used to make fun of him...

and they would pick on him...

and they used to say that he talked funny and stuff...

and he had a twin brother...

and everybody said...

that he didn't lookanything like his twin brother...

but he wanted to.

Egg....

Were you the little fat boy?

No. But I used to like to beat him up. I'd go, "Why are you so fat?" And I'd beat the shit out of him."

i told you it was obsure.

Shaggz

A strong 7
back on topic... One of the suggestions I have is that we try to keep stuff, well, more on topic :D

Top Bottom