Stewart

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone been to Stewart recently? Conditions?
It was awesome last Sunday after the refreeze, but it'll be soup for a bit now like everywhere else. Almost 50 degrees up here today. Overnight temps won't be low enough for long enough for an enjoyable morning.

johnnyrides

How is Stewart generally speaking? Never been there. Is it lots of cross country or more technical terrain. I know of the Stewart 45 race and may wrongly make the assumption it’s a lot of XC. Any input is appreciated.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How is Stewart generally speaking? Never been there. Is it lots of cross country or more technical terrain. I know of the Stewart 45 race and may wrongly make the assumption it’s a lot of XC. Any input is appreciated.
Stewart is definitely super cross country with enough techy spots to keep it fun, but overall pretty mild. The North/East side of the park is more rocky, South around anthill being pretty smooth and fast. It's a great place to ride because there's probably 30+ miles of singletrack, then there's a bunch of fire roads and doubletrack if you ever need to bail faster or take a CX bike around the park. Most of my rides there in the warm weather are about 20 miles and guessing around 1400ft. Just ride in and get lost, then Google your way out.

Mildly Wild

Was there yesterday. Thought the sun and wind on Saturday would dry it enough for riding (Not so). Some trails with cover were fine, but many were much too soft with deep ruts having been left there from previous riders It's a 2.0 at very best.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Judging by the snow melt, rain yesterday, and high temps, it'll be shit for a few days. Few more days of rain coming Thursday too.

huffster

I was up there last Friday morning. I went early and it was pretty solid as long as you road where the snow machines had gone. They have beat down the main roads, fields and some wider trails pretty well so you can get around. I also think there was a group of fat-bikers that I saw on Strava over the weekend. So, its getting some more bike traffic. Don't expect to get to much going on the single-track, though.

onetracker

Yeah, figured as much. There are enough fire roads up that way to keep things interesting. Wonder how the snow from today will impact conditions. I am almost tempted try to to XC ski up at SSF over the weekend.

was there this past weekend. trails were great. i always park off weed road off 207 and go in from there. like the other guy said, go in ride for a few hours then just take one of the roads back to your car... fun riding after doing places like ramapo, ringwood, etc...

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
George from Darrk Horse just posted that Stewart is wasted from the last storm. So many trees down it will take a month to be rideable. We may need agroup TM to head up that way soon.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Reviving this thread for a conditions report...will be in Monroe NY at noon tomorrow so was hoping to get some time here in the morning, did Stewart get all the rain that we got in central jersey?

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Reviving this thread for a conditions report...will be in Monroe NY at noon tomorrow so was hoping to get some time here in the morning, did Stewart get all the rain that we got in central jersey?
What are you doing in my hood!?

They didn't get as much as NJ, but Stewart is fine moist honestly. It'll just be a mess in the low areas, and definitely don't do Ant Hill.

Top Bottom