Stewart conditions today were ....

F

FallGirl1430

Stewart today was near perfection, some trails were coverered over by leaves most trails the dirt was excellent with very little standing water/mud.
Tomorrow Tommy and I are going to Tymor Park, I'll post the findings,

Christina ... :)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Stewart today was near perfection, some trails were coverered over by leaves most trails the dirt was excellent with very little standing water/mud.
Tomorrow Tommy and I are going to Tymor Park, I'll post the findings,

Christina ... :)
where this place be at...and how is it.?.

cyclocrossfool

its in orange county NY just west of newburgh ny. exit 17 off the nys thruway. just east of the stewart int airport property. how is it you say. they do a 40 mile race there (2- 20 mile laps). so you can do many hours and not see the same trails. the only thing in NJ that compares is allaire, then times it(allaire) by 4. the trails are well worn and so are easy to follow. but if you dont know your way around you will get lost.

S

Shar0se

hoping to hit up Stewart this weekend- where can I get trail maps of the place??

xc62701

There are some supposedly that you can get at local shops like Darkhorse Cycles but I have never seen any. Just go and get lost there. There's only 30 or so miles of trail. Give yourself lots of time :D

S

Shar0se

There are some supposedly that you can get at local shops like Darkhorse Cycles but I have never seen any. Just go and get lost there. There's only 30 or so miles of trail. Give yourself lots of time :D
thanks Ry-- could you perhaps describe a trail that I could do? maybe in a PM?

maddawg

sharose,
if you are going up on saturday the shop is open all day and only 10 mins from stewart. stop in and pick up a map. they have very nice laminated maps for sale. the boys there will also be more than happy to help point out a loop on the map. stewart has a pile of trails and it can be easy to get turned around in there so the map and a little local info helps.
have fun!
if you want give the guys a call at 845-778-6604

S

Shar0se

sharose,
if you are going up on saturday the shop is open all day and only 10 mins from stewart. stop in and pick up a map. they have very nice laminated maps for sale. the boys there will also be more than happy to help point out a loop on the map. stewart has a pile of trails and it can be easy to get turned around in there so the map and a little local info helps.
have fun!
if you want give the guys a call at 845-778-6604
will do - thanks!

TonyC

will do - thanks!

SharOse, did you make it up to Stewart today?
I rode Stewart this morning and the conditions were very nice. A few mud puddles toward the NW corner of the park. Tried to get the 20 mile race loop in, but had to cut it a bit short due to my friend getting severe leg cramps. We just missed the last loop that circles back to the fire road that takes you back to the parking lot.
We all had a great ride. What happened to the 60 degree weather forecast?It didn't even hit 50 up there.

S

Shar0se

I was there and got totally lost- 3 nice guys lead me out!! got a good 2.5 hr ride in-- conditions were really nice! temp wasnt bad either. getting a map for next time....

V

vtalum2001

Anyone going up there anytime soon? I'd like to go back there soon....

Top Bottom